Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gone Fishing (Sweet 'n Sassy)

Hello Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Stampers!! I hope you all are ready for Christmas. Can you believe it's only a few days away! Ladies, if your hubby has left his Christmas shopping until the last minute, let him know about the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Bundles on sale now!! These are a fabulous bargain. You will get over $30.00 (USD) worth of images for only $25.00 (USD)!! Easy shopping for the men, great images for you to create with...what could be better?! Don't miss out on these bundles.

So, my card today features the image "Gone Fishing". I just LOVE this image by Korin Sutherland!! This bear and penguin are so cute together. This image is so versatile. I love that it can make a great masculine card...which I have to admit, I struggle with. Does anybody else have a hard time with these? You could also use this one for a friendship card, birthday card, winter card...the possibilities are endless! Have a look:


Now, when I saw this image my wheels started turning. I was thinking how funny it would be for this pair to be ice fishing in a teeny tiny hole...but they have no idea what they are about to catch! So, I drew in this killer whale...or orca...whatever you prefer! Just imagine the look on their faces when they try to reel in their catch! (you might need a bigger bucket boys!). I tried to capture the same feel that Korin creates with her adorable characters...her illustrations are so cute! The image was coloured with Copic markers. I also broke out the Polar White Flower soft for the snow on this image. The sky was created with a cloud mask and Memento Summer Sky ink. Finally, I coated the underwater scene with Glossy Accents.


So, hop on over to the Sweet 'n Sassy store to check out the incredible prices on not only single images, but the Digi Bundles I mentioned earlier! There are so many images you will fall in love with!
I would just like to take this chance to wish you all a Christmas season full of wonderful moments you will treasure for years to come! God bless you and your family as we celebrate the birth of His son!

Melanie

Tip: If you plan to draw any of your own images to colour with Copic markers, make sure to invest in a Copic multiliner so you will not end up with a smudgy line!!



Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy "Gone Fishing" Digi stamp (the whale is a "Melanie" original)
Paper: Bazzil, Neenah, Fancy Papers
Ink: Memento, Copic
Embellishments: Ribbon, Bo Bunny Brads

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie, this is SUCH an incredible card! I love orcas -- they are my absolute favorite animal -- and the one you drew is SO cute. I love how you used it. You never cease to awe me with your creativity!!!

Leah said...

This is so cute and clever! You had me giggling:) Such a fun card and I love the sky you did too.Merry Christmas!

Phebe Meeder said...

soso cute

Welcome! said...

Very Very cute card Melanie! I love that you drew the killer whale - very clever!!! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas, enjoy the holidays. Hope your mom is doing better. :)

Maria Matter said...

Hi Melanie, thanks for stopping by my blog with your lovely comment!

Your card is so adorable and brilliant! Thanks for the Copic tip!

take care
Blessings, Maria

My Paper Passions said...

I love this card too!!!!
They are so cute and comical!
I love how you make them so fun!!!
Amanda B