Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ready for some Kraftin' Kimmie Previews??

(This is my second post today...just scroll back to see the weekly Paper Romance Challenge!)

It's that time again stampers...it's RELEASE WEEK at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!! The previews begin today and will continue through to Sunday when we will have a fantastic BLOG HOP to celebrate the official release day. As always, you will find a list of the Krafty Girls participating in the daily sneak peeks over at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog.

So, what does Kimmie have in store for you this month?? How about some new stamps featuring Miles the Mouse? Oh, and for all the Moonlight Whispers fans out there, Kimmie is bringing you stamps featuring some of your favourite Fairy Tale characters!! We've had so much fun playing with these images, and I know the Krafty Girls are just thrilled to finally share them with you.

For today's preview, I chose to work with the lovely "Snow White". I decided to use the typical "Disney" colours of blue, yellow and red for Snow White's attire, but I went with less intense hues...a little more on the "vintage" side. I also wanted to incorporate the concept of the evil queen's magic mirror which always shows who is"the fairest one of all", so I used my Spellbinders Labels 10 and Ovals to make a mirror frame from gold metallic cardstock. I also used the Oval Spellbinders to cut a window in the front of the card to frame Snow White, who is adhered to the interior of the card. The paper is from DCWV "Once Upon a Time" (quite fitting I think!). The pearls and metal corner embellishments are from the dollar store, and I used various Distress Inks to antique the papers.


Snow White was stamped on Neenah cardstock with Memento Ink and coloured with my Copics. She also comes with an apple as an accessory stamp, and the sentiment "You are the apple of my eye".


Copic colours used:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20 Hair: 100, C7, C5, C3, B60 Clothes: B93, B95, B97, B39, R22, R46, R59, Y11, Y17, Y21, YR23, YR31, E35, E50

Ok, off you go to visit the other Krafty Girls for more sneak peeks! Remember, we'll have previews over the next couple of days...including during our weekly challenge on Saturday. Sunday is the official release day when the stamps will be available for purchase...oh, and did I mention the BLOG HOP!!

Have fun stampers!

Blessings,

Melanie

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Snow White"
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, DCWV
Ink: Memento, Copic markers, Distress Ink
Embellishments: Dollar store metal embellishments, pearls
Tools: Spellbinders Labels 10 and Ovals

10 comments:

Michele Spera said...

Really great card! I love the gold frame you used to look like a mirror:-) and the colors are perfect with her:-)
Xmichele

♥Rach♥ said...

As usual, your coloring just brings her to LIFE! I love her, she's totally fabulous :0)

the paper bug said...

Gorgeous card! I love the way you used the die cut like a mirror frame! Genius!

Rebecca

Cassie_lu said...

I am loving snow white and the way you brought her to life is amazing.

CraftyC said...

Snow white looks gorgeous Melanie. You have made a beautiful card!
Clairex

Tracey said...

Wow! Gorgeous!! Your colouring is always incredible!!

Vicki G said...

Ohhh MELANIE!!! This is BREATHTAKING!

Leah l'Orange said...

oh my, Mel, she is GORJE! i love the way you've framed her in the window. hope you're doing well, sunshine, and staying COOL!

Kim said...

Absolutely amazing Melanie! I can't wait to see the others in the collection and how you have colored them! I so love coming and seeing your gorgeous work hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Barb said...

Melanie, this is stunning... and your coloring simply amazing!