Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Sneak Peek of Something New at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!!

Good morning friends! It's almost time for another release at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps...are you ready to fall in love with another batch of incredible stamps?? The Krafty Girls and Krafy Guests have been busy creating some beautiful projects with these new stamps, and we're very excited to share them with all of you. :) We will showcase a different artist/line of stamps today, tomorrow and Friday. Then for both our Saturday Challenge and our release day blog hop on Sunday, we will show you projects featuring a variety of the new stamps! Each day, you can visit the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog for a list of links to the Krafty Girls who will be sharing sneak peeks.

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps has become known for their sweet, whimsical images that are so much fun to colour with markers, pencils and watercolours! But this month we are launching a new line of stamps that are headed in a different direction!

Today Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is debuting a new line of stamps that will appeal to both scrappers and stampers alike! The sets are called 'Krafty Quotes'!! Each month we'll be releasing a new set and each set will have four quotes which are larger in size than your average word stamps. These gorgeous sentiments are perfect to accent your scrapbook pages, your main card images or to become the focal point of your design!

This month, Krafty Quotes #1 features quotes from Audrey Hepburn, Louisa May Alcott, Lucille Ball and Mother Teresa!!

I have never made a card with the sentiment as the focal image, so I was excited to give it a try! For my card today, I chose to use the quote "I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship." from Louisa May Alcott. I used Spellbinders Labels 4, Labels 8 and Petite Ovals Small to create the layers on this card. The design paper is all from The Paper Loft. I've been on the hunt for some pretty background or accent stamps, and found a gorgeous flourish from Impression Obsession when I was at Scrappin' Great Deals this past weekend. I inked it up with Rich Cocoa Memento Ink, stamped it off slightly on a scrap piece of paper and then stamped it onto my design paper to create a very muted background. I then inked up my Krafty Quote with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and stamped it over top of the flourishes. All paper edges were lightly sponged with the Walnut Stain Ink. I then added a couple of pearls and a Bow-Easy bow to finish it off.


I can't wait to work with the other quotes in this brand new set...I am just loving them, and I think they are so versatile. Can you believe I actually made a card without pulling out a single Copic marker?? lol Just wait until you see what the other Krafty Girls and Krafty Guests have created with the Krafty Quotes...hop on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog for a list of links to their blogs!!

Make sure to come back tomorrow for another round of sneak peeks featuring new images by one of our Krafty artists!!

Blessings friends,

Melanie

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Krafty Quotes 1", flourish/swirl stamp from Impression Obsession
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Embellishments: Pearls and ribbon
Tools: Spellbinders Labels 4, 8 and Petite Ovals Small , Bow Easy

7 comments:

Angie said...

Seriously!! This is freakin gorgeous, the colours, all the layers. Simply stunning my dear.

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Oooooh Melanie! I just adore this design....so elegant! Love all the layers and the muted, distressed look! I bet this card came together a tag quicker than your coloured ones! haha! Gorgeous!

Michele Boyer said...

So elegant, Melanie! I love the layers and pretty papers!

Donna said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! The papers, the layers, the bow.....absolutely gorgeous! I am speechless & jealous of your talent.

Tracey said...

Just beautiful Melanie!!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely stunning Melanie ! But why should I be surprised,...you're simply the best,.........better than all the rest. Got the song stuck in your head now????? Ha Ha Ha Ha ! :)Tracy

dpkennedy said...

This is just stunning! It has such a comforting yet elegant feel! I love it!