Saturday, October 1, 2011

Paper Piecing at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

Happy Saturday folks!! Our weekly Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge is brought to us by the lovely and talented Nicole Aspinall...she wants to see Paper Piecing on your projects today!

This is "Gift Wrapping Elf", one of the new September release stamps by Krafty Artist Emilie Goulet. I love the look of pure joy on this cute elf's face! I pulled out some leftover pieces of some of my favourite holiday paper from last year (Bo Bunny) and coloured the image to match. The wrapping paper on the gift box is paper pieced with some of the Bo Bunny paper. (I always add some shading to paper-pieced areas so they do not appear too flat.)  Ok, I need to apologize for the way her hair photographed. :(  Periodically, I'll have issues with some of my markers going a bit tacky and shiny...it frustrates me to no end! I also had to use a different light source as my regular light is on the fritz...this one managed to reflect off the tacky area on one of her pigtails. sigh. On a much happier note, I recently placed an order at SCACD and I have a ton of new crafty goodies to play with. :)  One item I ordered is definitely one of my new favourites...the Elegant Scrollwork Memory Box Die!!! I cannot tell you how much I am in LOVE with the delicate scroll work this die produces. I should warn you that I think you may be seeing a lot of this die on my cards, lol. I am definitely planning to add more of the Memory Box Dies to my crafty arsenal in the near future. I also added a few snowflakes courtesy of a Martha Stewart punch. I used my Quickie Glue Pen to coat the flourishes and snowflakes with adhesive and then generously sprinkled them with Glamour Dust...I adore this fine glitter. The snowflakes were finished off with a rhinestone centre.


Here's a closer look at Gift Wrapping Elf...and her hair photographed a little better in this one thank goodness! She was illustrated by Krafty Artist Emilie Goulet...Emilie's characters are always full of such personality! I sponged around the image with some purple ink I've had kicking around for ages...I think it's called Ancient Pages. She was cut out with my oval Spellbinders.



(Sorry, no colour list today...I coloured this up a couple of weeks ago and completely forgot to record my markers.)

Oh, and I finished off the interior of my card with one of the sentiments from the brand new  "Christmas Interior Sentiment Set"...this is such a great set to have in your holiday stamp collection. Don't let the name fool you though...the sentiments can easily be used as the focal point of the front of your card or for any of your holiday projects. :)  It was stamped in Versafine Ink.


We'd love to have you play along with the Paper-Piecing challenge this week. If you make sure to include at least one Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp on your project, you will be elible to win the stamp Nicole used on her gorgeous card! For more inspiration, please hop on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog to see what the Krafty Girls have made for the challenge.

***Krafty News***
  • Frugal Friday Specials: Click HERE to see the selection of stamps on sale until this Sunday evening. (on sale for 40-50% off!)
  • World Card Making Day Sale: From Saturday morning to Monday night, you will be able to take advantage of a HUGE sale!! Over half our inventory will be on sale 25-50% off, including ALL our lines of images! So scoop up some specials for yourself or for a krafty person on your Christmas list!!  
  • Gimmie Kimmie Kits: Available HERE but only until Monday night...so grab your's before they disappear!!
  • Krafty Day 2011: This is an event you really don't want to miss, especially as we have a very special guest joining us...Krafty Artist Annie Rodrigue!!! Click HERE for full details on this event and for registration. (There is also an event page on Facebook for Krafty Day...check it out HERE to keep up to date on all the great things planned for that day!)
  • Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is on Facebook! If you haven't checked out the KKS FB page, just click HERE. (and make sure to "Like" us!! lol) We love to see your KKS projects posted there. It's also a great place to hang out and chat with Kimmie, the Krafty Girls and other KKS fans. :) 
Ok, that's it for me today! I hope you have a fantastic weekend, and thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. :)

Blessings,

Melanie

Stamps: "Gift Wrapping Elf" and "Christmas Inside Sentiments" from KKS
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, Bo Bunny
Ink: Memento, Ancient Pages (?), Copics
Embellishments: Glamour Dust, rhinestones
Tools: Spellbinders Ovals, Memory Box "Fancy Flourish" die

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I love the colour combo on this one Melanie! A gorgeous card!!