Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wishes Do Come True

Hi folks! If you visited SCACD over the past week, you will have noticed that the shopping carts were closed for some website maintenance, but they will be open again today so you can shop to your crafty heart's content. :)  Oh, and I should mention that Susana has added many fantastic new products, so you'll want to take a good long browse around the site today to see what your newest "must have" items will be. It's also a great time to make a little "wish list" to hand to your hubby to make his holiday shopping for you quick and easy! ;)

Before sharing my card today, I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to Susana. I was so excited when she contacted me earlier this year to join her team of lovely designers. Not only is she a wonderful business owner who offers warm and friendly service to her customers, but she has also become a great friend who I very much appreciate. I feel very blessed to know her and to have the opportunity to represent SCACD. So thank Susana for everything you do...and most importantly for just being you. You rock girlfriend! :)

 I've got a card to share with you today featuring one of the newest exclusive stamps to hit the shelves at SCACD and Quixotic Paperie. This is "Wishes Do Come True" from the "Classic Retro Crew" collection by Victoria Case for SCACD. I paired her up with some papers from MME "Vanity Fair". I used the "Hedged Maze" embossing folder by Couture Creations on the horizontal teal panel and then lightly sanded it to highlight the raised pattern.  I also added some rhinestone swirls, sheer ribbon and a decorative brad.


"Wishes Do Come True" was stamped on Neenah cardstock with Memento Ink and coloured with Copics. Isn't she fabulous?? She's most definitely rockin' that genie outfit! I thought I'd be adventurous and attempt to colour her pants and veil as sheer fabric. The results are not what I had envisioned. sigh. The veil turned out ok, but I just couldn't get her pants right...even after FOUR attempts!! By that time I was getting frustrated, so I decided that my final attempt was passable and I coated them quite generously with Stardust Stickles...which helped to conceal my blunders on her pants. lol  Love my Stardust Stickles. :)



The brand new "Classic Retro Crew" and "Street Views" by Victoria Case are available exclusively at SCACD and Quixotic Paperie. The stamps are available for individual purchase or as complete sets. The sets are available at a great discounted price and they also include a bonus accessory stamp.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Blessings,

Melanie

8 comments:

Amanda R said...

Well I think you did an amazing job on the see thru veil and pants, I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Renkata said...

wow your card is just enchanted .

Tracey said...

Absolutely gorgeous Melanie! Love the bling flourish!

Danni said...

This is gorgeous!! Love how you did the sheer parts of her outfit! Just fabulous!

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous as always, Melanie! I'm with Danni - love how you colored the sheer material in her outfit! Stunning!

Rufus said...

It looks exactly like sparkly genie sheer material!! Great job
R/

Sandra said...

You are so crazy girl! She turned out absolutely beautiful and I definitely see the sheer thing going on in her pants. I know, you are just such a perfectionist, but I think you pulled it off. She just happens to have upper thighs like the rest of us real women and there wasn't as much light coming through around the edges as in the veil. I love her! Oh, not sure if you know but I took your advice and started a blog and actually won my first challenge, thanks so much for your help and advice.

Kathy said...

Well I can't imagine it looking any better!!!! WOW that is just stunning!!! I could look at it for hours!! Just brilliant!!!
:)Kathy