Friday, November 9, 2012

Dawn's Fairy

Good morning and TGIF!!!

I'm sharing a card today featuring one of the brand new stamps from the Mythical Reflections collection that was released last week at SCACD. I absolutely LOVE this release. Fairies, mermaids and dragons...some of my favourite things to colour. :)  This gorgeous image is Dawn's Fairy. I love how she's perched so delicately on a tree branch.  To tie in with the leaves and branch in the image, I used a Memory Box die to cut the vine and curved it to fit the image which was cut with Spellbinders. I also used the Classic Corner Dies By SCACD to frame the image.



Dawn's Fairy was stamped in Memento Ink and coloured with Copics. Her wings were given a coat of Stardust Stickles.



Skin: E000, E00, E11, RV95, RV42  Hair: E50, E31, E33, E37, E59, BV29  Dress: B32, B34, B37, C5, C9, BV29, G20, G82, G85  Wings: G20, G82, G85, RV000, R81, R85, BG0000, B31, B95   Tree: E21, E25, E29, E31, E33, E50, E59  Leaves: YG00, YG03, YG63, YG67, G99, C7

Make sure to stop by SCACD and browse around the store. Susana carries a wide variety of products perfect for scrapbookers, stampers, mixed media artists...and she's always adding hot new products! Here are just a few links to the store:

Have a great weekend folks!

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Blessings, 

Melanie 

6 comments:

Kathi said...

Yikes. This is outstanding!

Gorgeous coloring. I especially love the definition you added to her knees and calf. I'd love to sit and spend some time watching you color and design!

BTW, I pinned it.

Shazza said...

gorgeous colouring, love it x

Amanda R said...

Gorgeous Melanie! I used your Draco as an example for the shading on mine today, not nearly as beautiful as yours but I was sure glad for the inspiration. Have fun at Guelph this weekend!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kimberly said...

Stunning...just stunning..how i do love your colouring..i hope you don't mind me asking but i'm having troubles finding the neenah paper here in canada...where do you get yours or do you still use neenah. I appreciate your help..kim
kimbob27 at hotmail dot com

Patricia St Martin said...

Melanie I just had to come by and tell you how much I love your card. Your coloring is just stunning. Thanks for all the inspiration she is so beautiful.
Hugs, Patricia