Sunday, May 13, 2018

May 2018 Release Day Blog Hop

Welcome to the May release blog hop at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps! Today we are celebrating the release of all five new clear stamp sets that are available at the shop:


  1. Beautiful Blooms
  2. Magical friends
  3. Buffy Bingewatcher
  4. Busy Beatrice
  5. True Love
You will get to see all of these stamps today as you hop around...you'll find the list at the end of my post. 

The sets are available individually, but if you have to have them all, make sure to take advantage of the May Gimmie Kimmie Kit...you can get all the stamps in a bundle for a discounted price, but only while supplies last. 

NOTE: Please remember that as Annie Rodrigue has chosen to end her contract and stop designing stamps, KKS can no longer restock her stamps. Once current stock runs out, the stamps are gone for good. So if you want either Buffy Bingewatcher or Busy Beatrice, make sure to get your orders in quickly!

Here's my hop card featuring TRUE LOVE. I have a recently discovered love of watercolour painting...which hit me as a total surprise. I had tried watercolours back in high school and absolutely HATED them. However, at the prodding of a friend (that's you Jessie Banks), I decided to give them another whirl. I picked up a travel set of 24 Koi watercolours and realized how much fun they are to play with. I pulled them out for my hop card featuring True Love today. I also tried out a VERY different style for me...it's very loose and not realistic. My passion in art is realism, always has been. I LOVE little details. Love creating textures. Love recreating life on canvas...or paper. So this was a stretch for me, but I absolutely LOVED it! I stamped the gorgeous lady from True Love in our Purple Pansy Hybrid Ink on cold-pressed watercolour paper and used my Koi paints to colour the image and background. Lots of layers on this one...which isn't really different from the rest of my work, lol. 



Here's the hop list for today:


Thanks for visiting. 

Blessing,

Melanie

No comments: