Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Popcorn the Bear: Thanks a Bunch!

Good morning! I hope this day finds you all happy and healthy. There are so many colds and flu going around. Does anybody go anywhere without hand sanitizer these days?? So far, my family has managed to avoid all these bugs, and I'm hoping it stays that way!

We have been so incredibly blessed by so many of our friends and family lately, that I have been in need of thank-you cards! I was able to ink up one of my brand new stamps yesterday to make this card. I first saw a card with Popcorn the Bear from Crafter's Companion a month or two ago, and instantly fell in love with this cutie! I was thrilled to find out that the Rubber Room in London, Ontario now carries these stamps. I picked up two sets when I was there this past weekend, and hopefully the other will see ink soon too!

As always, I stamped Popcorn on Neenah and coloured him with Copics. I was trying to achieve a "furry" look, so I avoided blending the colours very much. I used a lot of feather strokes in many, many layers. I was pretty happy with the way he turned out! I won't tell you how long it took to cut this little guy out...but I am very grateful that I have Cutterbee scissors! These are the best for cutting out detailed, finicky images. Popcorn was pop-dotted for dimension. I added just a touch of shimmer to the flowers with a Spica pen (although it probably isn't showing up in the picture!).



I kept this layout fairly simple. I sponged the edges of all the layers with brown ink. The ribbon was originally white, but I coloured it with a Copic marker to match the cardstock. The papers are from Cosmo Cricket and Basic Gray. The sentiment is included in this stamp set.

Here's a little peek at the inside (those flowers are also included in this stamp set!)

:


This card just happens to fit in with two challenges this week! (love it when that happens!)


1. Stampin' Sisters in Christ is asking for a card that expresses thankfulness.


2. Kraftin' Kimmie is asking for a card with shades of autumn (brown, rust, green and/or yellow). (Kimmie, I'm hoping you will count the dark orange shades in the flowers as the "rust" requirement!!)


I hope you all have a fantastic day, and thanks so much for stopping by! Oh, and don't be shy...leave me a comment to let me know you were here. I'd love to come by your blog and see your creations too!

Blessings,

Melanie

17 comments:

Tricia said...

Melanie, WOW!!! Lovin' that fur!!

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

You are amazing!!! This is fabulous!

Sheryl Busse said...

Wow, wow,this is gorgeous! Love it. You did a beautiful job!
Sheryl

Davi said...

Your coloring is amazing and the colors are beautiful. Very nice!!

Janice M said...

Wow!! This is Beautiful!! Love that popcorn bear!

Helen said...

Oh, he's so cute! What an amazing card you've created! Thank you so much for entering it in our challenge at SSCC!
Blessings!
~H

Crystal said...

That bear is so adorable! Beautiful coloring, and color choices ... love the little touch of glitter . Great work !

Unknown said...

Fabby card. Your little Popcorn is gorgeous! Those flowers are beautiful too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Phebe Meeder said...

love this little guy he is sooo cute

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Melanie!! Wow!!

My Paper Passions said...

Well Mel.....you've done it again!
And may I say that this card is even more breath-taking in real life...there is so much depth and dimension to it!
I think if you're colouring continues to be this awesome that as your BF I should be requesting an autograph soon ;)
He is AMAZING!!

MariLynn said...

This little bear is adorable. I love the sunflowers. Made me smile.

peggysue said...

What a fabulous coloring job, wow! He looks great and so friendly. Nice idea decorating the inside of the card too. Thanks for participating in the SSCC this week.

Susan (rainy) said...

What an adorable image! Your coloring and shading is absolute PERFECTION!!

Kathy W. said...

This is an awsome card Melanie. Beautiful:)

Maria said...

Beautiful card Melanie. Love how you've coloured his fur and the shading on the flowers. Hugs, Maria

Kristine said...

OH Melanie... THIS IS AWESOME!!! SOooo soooo CUTE taboot! Love this. Your coloring is awesome and I love that you took the time to cut him out because the look of him pop dotted to the tan paper is PERFECT! Definately a winner =)