Saturday, April 3, 2010

Kick Up Your Heels!

Good morning! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend as we celebrate the Easter season. We have two big family dinners planned this weekend, one of which will be at our house tonight. Soon, my house will be smelling of turkey! yum. Come five 0'clock, we'll have about fifteen people seated around the table. I'm sure we'll break out a fun game this evening too!

The fundraiser in Petrolia last weekend was a big hit!! Krista and I both taught our first Copic class! Although we were very nervous, the ladies there were all fantastic and eager to learn. Phebe also showed us her fabulous watercolouring skills. What a great afternoon! Thank you to everybody who attended, and I look forward to seeing you all again soon!

I had a bit of excitement this week...I was contacted by the lovely Marcea who asked if she could "feature" me on the Inspirational Blog. Oh my gosh!! What an honour. This blog is full of such amazing talent, and I was very flattered to receive this recognition. Marcea said some wonderfully sweet things which made be blush about a hundred shades of red (hmmm..wonder if Copic makes all those shades?? lol)!! Thank you so very much Marcea. If you have never seen this blog before, you really must become a follower. The name "Inspirational" is perfect...you will truly be inspired by the artists they feature there.

OK...time to get down to business! Did you all get a project done for our last challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps?? You can hop on over to the challenge blog to see who the lucky winner is, as well as check out the fabulous examples for this week's challenge by the Krafty Girls! We're back to our normal time frame now, so you've got just one week to get in on the fun. Our hostess this week is the amazing Jeanne! Her challenge is called "A Little Punchy"...she wants to see you using punches or die cuts on your creation. Remember though, to be eligible for the prize you must use a Kraftin' Kimmie image.

I still have a couple of the March release images that have not yet been inked up...gasp!! So, for my card this week I used "Suzette". I love this image...she's just so happy! (The sentiment I used actually comes with Monique, another fabulous dancer from the March release!)



I stamped her on Neenah cardstock and coloured her with Copic markers. I still have a bit of my French Flea Market paper from MME (sadly, after this card they are just little scraps now...I NEED more!) which was just perfect for Suzette. The label she is mounted on is a die cut from the MME paper kit. I also used a Martha Stewart border punch and my Spellbinders Flower Creations to make the co-ordinating flower. When I put Suzette on the paper, I realized her underskirt was way too white for the vintage paper, so I sponged it lightly with Antique Linen Distress Ink (oh...and treated it to a little Stickles too!).


Time to break out your punches, die cuts and Kraftin' Kimmie stamps (check out Kimmie's online store here)!! You could be the lucky winner of the stamp Jeanne used on her amazing card this week. Just link up your card to the Challenge Blog.

Happy Easter everybody, and may you all have a blessed day!

Melanie

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Suzette" and sentiment "When In Doubt, Dance"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen Distress Ink, Copic markers
Paper: Co-ordinations, SU, Bazzill, MME, Neenah
Embellishments: Spare Parts brads, dollar store crochet trim
Tools: Martha Stewart Border Punch, Spellbinders Flower Creations

6 comments:

BJ said...

I just ordered this one due to you. I just found you via the Inspirational Blog. and have fallen in love with your use of Copics. They are lucky up there to have you for a instructor.
I just love what you have done with this card.
What copics did you use? Better let you go. You have lots to get done. Happy Easter!

Welcome! said...

Thank goodness you posted a card today...I was going thru some serious Mel withdrawl! This one is GORGEOUS!!!! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

Robin McK said...

This is beyond beautiful Melanie! Your colouring is amazing! Hi from Brampton, Ontario!

Tasha said...

Wow Melanie this is so stunning! Fabulous colouring and the paper is beautiful
love tasha xx

Kim said...

Melanie~ CONGRATS hun!!!! That is awesome news hun and you are so deserving of being featured there...your work is outstanding in every way! This card is so beautiful!!!! Hope you and your family had a blessed Easter!
Hugs~ Kim

Kelly Schelske said...

She's sassy!! love it Melanie, fabulous coloring!