Friday, April 13, 2012

"Come Hither Eyes"...another SCACD Hop!!

Good morning crafty friends!! We though it would be fun to have another hop featuring the newest exclusive Susana Loves Stamps that hit the SCACD shelves a couple of weeks ago. There are two brand new collections in this line, "Eyes of Beauty" and "Eyes of Dreams".

The complete hop list can be found on the SCACD Store Blog...if you've been following along, you will have arrived here after visiting the talented Crystal's blog. There is also a "mystery prize" that will end Sunday night at 9:00 pm EST.

I decided to make a tag using "Come Hither Eyes" using an Inkssentials tag and some Luminarte Silks. I also wanted to make use of an embossing folder after being inspired my fellow DT member Alex who recently posted a wonderful tutorial on various ways to make use of your folders...you can find that tutorial HERE. I embossed the tag and then used a brayer to roll black craft paint over the raised pattern. I thinned the black paint with a bit of matte medium. I inked up a music staff rubber stamp with Archival ink and randomly stamped bits of the pattern over the tag. I didn't even bother to put it on a block...just held it in my hands touched it to the tag so as to create an "imperfect" impression. I then started randomly applying Luminarte Silks in Guatemalan GreenCoral Berry and Honey Amber. I also mixed a little Teal Zircon Luminarte Mica powder with some matte medium to create a fourth colour to add to the tag. I let my inner child out to play and applied these colours with my fingers. :)  To soften the effect and to aide in blending, I spritzed the tag with water from a Mini Mister. "Come Hither Eyes" is perched on a element cut with Spellbinders dies. I also used the Madera Corner and Elegant Scrollwork dies from Memory Box. Finishing touches were added with a black Viva Decor Pearl Pen, a scrap of a paper doily painted with black acrylic paint, a Tim Holtz ticket painted with the Luminarte products and a Prima flower.

"Come Hither Eyes" was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copic markers. I love the cute wings on this image, but you could always exclude the wings to further expand the versatility of these gorgeous stamps. :)


The "Eyes of Beauty" and "Eyes of Dreams" collections are available at SCACD and at Quixotic Paperie for our international friends.

The next stop on today's hop is Alex...I know she has something fabulous to share with you!

Don't forget to pop by SCACD to do a little crafty shopping. Here's a little teaser of some of the newest products now in stock:

Have fun on the hop!

Blessings, 

Melanie

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the colors, you have such great textures!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Melanie, you have left me breathless AND speechless. This tag is AMAZING!! WOW!!! Keep creating like this girl. You have a talent for it!!!

Kathi said...

Wow. Totally beautiful tag. Great background and coloring of "Come Hither Eyes".

Designing with Debbie said...

Pretty tag. Love all the beautiful rich colors.

janet said...

What a striking tag!! Beautiful!!

Amanda R said...

Love the background Melanie and the diecuts on it are great! Have fun at Scrapfest!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Melanie this is just so gorgeous! Love all of the bright colours and your colouring is amazing :)

Shelly said...

What a gorgeous tag, Melanie! You do beautiful work. I'm glad I found your blog on this hop.

Wendy Thompson said...

Gorgeous card Melanie I love it.

cherblaze said...

Gorgeous!! Love the bright colors. I love tags! Love her eyes!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow, love the coloring and the background on this card.