Friday, April 19, 2013

Fairy Dust...Release Day at SCACD!!

Hi crafty friends! Welcome to the release day blog hop with SCACD. Just wait until you see the gorgeous new stamps Susana has in store for you this month. Here's a message from Susana about the new stamps: 

Today SCACD is introducing the Fairy Dust Collection!!! These are 6 sweet and sassy Fairies that just make you smile and brighten the day :D  Elisabeth Bell sprinkled just the right amount of cute, charm and gorgeous on to these special little fairies. These are stamps for right now but also classics to use years from now :D

If you've been following along with the hop, you should have arrived here after visiting with our lovely guest, Kim Dellow

I adore fairy stamps. I absolutely love colouring them! So I've been really excited to get busy creating with the Fairy Dust Collection. For my first card today, I'd like to introduce you to Time Flys. Ok, I'm in LOVE with this funky steampunk fairy. Seriously, isn't she fabulous?? I paired her up with some awesome papers from Carta Bella "Well Travelled". Love this paper pad. :)  I also used one of my favourites Dies by SCACD, Alice's Clock Statement Corner


 Time Flys was stamped on Neenah and coloured with Copics. 


Up next, is a pretty little fairy called Believe in the Unseen. The papers on the card are from Teresa Collins "Memories". I also used two of the newest Dies by SCACD, Contempo Compass Statement Corner and Steampunk Wings. I cut out four Steampunk wings to create the doily effect behind the image panel. These wings are AMAZING, and you get both wings in the die set. They are perfect for so many different applications...I have a million ideas running through my head. :)  


Believe in the Unseen was stamped on Neenah and coloured with Copics. Startdust Stickles were used on her wings. I used several Distress Inks to sponge around the fairy. I also used the wonky clock stamp from the Follow Your True Heart set to create a bit of a border around the image. I decided to create a sky behind the frame in the image to make it appear as those she is peeking outside, but you could also colour this as a key hole or even an enchanted mirror...so many great possibilities!! 


The new Fairy Dust Collection and all the Dies by SCACD are now available for purchase at SCACD

Our international friends can find the stamps and dies at Quixotic Paperie

It's my pleasure to send you off to visit with another lovely guest designer, Wendy Ramlakhan.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy the hop!

Blessings, 

Melanie

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning colouring! Gorgeous card!

Tracey said...

Just beautiful Melanie!! Wow!!

Miss NiceRoad said...

Totally W-o-W on the first one, I love that collection too :)

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Melanie, I just don't have enough words to tell you how much I love these. Your coloring always rocks my world and these are no exception. The way you created a scene through the keyhole is amazing. The use of the wing dies around the image is brilliant. Every single bit of both of them is wonderful.

Maria said...

beautiful cards

Kathi said...

Those are both totally sensational!

Your coloring always leaves me awestruck. I love the depth of color that you achieve and that your shading actually adds muscular/anatomical elements to your images.

I also love the way you used the dies in both cards!

Tracy said...

Wonderful deep rich colors on your first card. I'm in love with using black accents so the matting and die cut in black really look amazing. The way you've arranged the second card is so interesting. Great cards! TFS!

Riet said...

What a wonderful cards,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

CraftinGranny said...

Oh Melanie, your coloring is truly spectacular with fantastic depth and shading. Gorgeous cards and designs. "Hugs" Carol

Kim Dellow said...

So beautiful Melanie! Your colouring if wonderful! Kim