Friday, May 31, 2013

Having Fun with Dies by SCACD

Hi crafty friends!

I wanted to share a card today featuring several of the Dies by SCACD. Dies are my favourite crafting tool. I love that they are an investment that can be used time and time again. I also love the endless possibilities they provide...they are so versatile!

This card is centered around the Blank Canvas Torso and Charm. I cut it out of brown cardstock and gathered some crocheted trim to create a skirt. The dress form "stand" was cut out with the Ornate Door Plate with Knob. In the upper right corner, I used one of two dies from the Fancy Flower and Key Corners. The lower right corner was created with two separate dies. The lower layer is the Contempo Compass Statement Corner...part of the design is concealed under the design paper. I then cut out a Classic Corner (there are two dies in this set) and adhered it over top of the design paper so that it looks like a single corner treatment. The papers are from Prima and I added some pearls for a finishing touch.



If you are a fan of using dies on your projects, make sure to check out the complete line of Dies by SCACD...the designs are gorgeous!

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

Melanie

3 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kathi said...

Oh wow. This is spectacular! Great use of the dies!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is fabulous!