Friday, July 31, 2009

The stamps that started it all!


Hello! Today I am going to share a card I made with a stamp from The Greeting Farm's Miss Anya set. One day a few months back, I was innocently browsing some websites, and stumbled across somebody's blog (unfortunately, I do not remember whose it was!) who had made a card with these stamps. Wow! I was instantly smitten! It was this stamp set that sparked my interest in stamping. I immediately began looking into different stamps, companies, techniques...I was so intrigued. That was the same day I found out about Copic markers. So, after a lot of time researching, I bought some markers (sets A, B and C of the Ciao), and was on the hunt for stamps to colour! I was trying to find somebody local who carried these stamps, as well as High Hopes which is another company I really liked. This led me to Phebe at The Town Scrapper in Petrolia, Ontario. She carries so many wonderful stamps! So, out I went for a visit...and a few purchases!


I would like to take the opportunity now to say a big THANK YOU!!! to Phebe, who has asked me to be a guest designer for August and September. What an honour! (especially for a newbie in this big stamping world!) I am just so excited to be on the team for this term! I look forward to posting my projects for this venture. Check out Phebe's blog for a look at her specials this week.


Ok, on to the card!(you can click on the photo for a larger image) This is once again coloured with Copic markers! All the paper is from my rather large "stash"! I've been trying to go through and use some of these papers! These stamps are so much fun to colour. My daughter loves them too...she has also been making cards with them! Over the next few days, I will share some more cards featuring the Miss Anya sets.
Thanks again for taking the time to stop by!
Melanie
(don't be afraid to leave me a comment, and let me know you were here!)

No comments: