Saturday, January 30, 2010

Look Through the Window

Well, I was given the opportunity to choose the challenge for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps today! This is something I had never done before, so I was a tad nervous! I figured I would challenge you all to a technique that I had yet to try out! How about an Aperture Card?! (probably better known as a window card) I have been wanting to try this out for quite some time! I hope you find time to play along this week. If you do, make sure to use a Kraftin' Kimmie image on your project and you could find yourself the lucky winner of "Bird Fairy" from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

I am absolutely in love with the fairies Crissy Armstrong drew for Kimmie's January release! Oh, they are just gorgeous! I was in one of my local stores and found some beautiful papers by KaiserCraft that were perfect for what I had in mind to create with "Bird Fairy"! I just love when that happens.

I cut the window out with Nestabilites, and used the same set to make the frame for the window. I was also able to play with my brand new Nesties (Doodle Parts and Flower Creations)! The edges of all the papers and die cuts were distressed with brown ink. Those pearls are from the dollar store!!



I stamped "Bird Fairy" on Neenah cardstock and coloured her with Copic markers. The detail in this stamp is gorgeous! I just love all the folds of her dress, and tendrils of hair. This image was so much fun to colour. The little bird is just adorable too! The sentiment used on the inside of the card comes with Bird Fairy.



I seem to reach for my browns a lot when colouring hair, so I've been trying to experiment with different colour combinations. (Funny thing...I have never tried colouring red hair, which is a bit ironic considering I am a redhead. Maybe next time!) This close-up will give you a better look at the little bird! I coloured him as a blue jay, but I think he would make an adorable cardinal too!




So, I hope you hop on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog to see what the Krafty Girls have made this week. Let me tell you, these ladies are so talented...their work always amazes me! You are sure to be inspired after taking a look at their creations. Remember to use a Kraftin' Kimmie image on your submission, and you may just be the lucky owner of the "Bird Fairy" stamp I used on my card today!

See you back tomorrow for another post!

Blessings,

Melanie

p.s. It has come to my attention recently, that some people have been having problems posting comments on my blog. My apologies for this. I am trying to look into this glitch, but it seems that it may just be a random issue with Blogger. If you are having problems, please let me know! Feel free to email me. You will find the link in my profile. Thanks!

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie: "Bird Fairy" and sentiment "Let the Fairy in you Fly"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black,Copic markers
Paper: KaiserCraft, Bazzill, Neenah
Embellishments: Pearls from dollar store, flower and swirls made with Spellbinders
Tools: Spellbinders Labels Eight, Flower Creations, Doodle Parts

10 comments:

Nana Diana said...

Oh Melanie, this is just beautiful. Your colouring is amazing as always, what a work of art!!

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Melanie your card this week is absolutely breathtakingly stunning! This is one of my all time fave stamps but I can not do it justice like you have with your sensational colouring...WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!
Love how you made you aperture card and all the Nestie Swirly die cuts are fabulous...just love it to bits, hun!
Hugs,t

Welcome! said...

Melanie this card is BEEEEUTIFUL!!!! Just stunning, love the window card, I just might have to jump on board witht this challenge!! I love those fairies!

Leah l'Orange said...

this is AMAZING, Melanie! love the colouring, of course, and your attention to detail - incredible. the inside looks just as yummy as the outside!

Unknown said...

Another gorgeous card! I think this coloring is just stunning! You really did an amazing job! Love the stamp and your flourishes too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kim said...

Another fantastic creation, Miss Melanie!! You have coloured the fairy just beautifully!! And your little blue jay is darling!! Awesome challenge!!

Michele Boyer said...

This is A-MAZ-ING, Melanie! Holy moly! So beautifully colored, so gorgeously embellished...I LOVE every single bit of it!

Maria said...

Wowsers! This is stunning inside and out. Just gorgeous Mel. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

wow, your coloring is fabulous!

MarkerGeek said...

Your colouring on this one totally floored me, Mel. LOVE it.

Haven't coloured Bird Fairy in yet, but I'll be studying yours first. ;)