Saturday, November 27, 2010

Seeing Spots

Good morning friends! We've got another new challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps today...and our hostess is none other than the fantabulous Miss Kraftin' Kimmie herself!! Her challenge this week is "Seeing Spots".

I have a confession to make...I am at NO shortage of polka-dotted paper, lol. I love polka dots, so I tend to pick up a lot of sheets of paper with this pattern! Since the festive mood is in full swing, I decided to use some My Mind's Eye paper from the Holly Jolly collection. I decided to ink up "Miles on Ice"...how cute is he??!! Poor little guy set himself adrift...apparently he didn't use the best judgement on where to stand while using his ice pick, lol. I didn't want this card to be fussy, as I need to add more masculine cards to my collection. The Miles stamps are just perfect for guy cards. I used Kraft cardstock as my base and adhered a couple of dollar store snowflakes that I added a bit of glitter to...guy cards can have glitter, right? Hope so!



Miles was stamped on Neenah Smooth cardstock and coloured with Copic markers. I added some Perfect Puff to the trim on his coat...this stuff is entirely too much fun!!! Just apply heat, and watch it puff right up! I had also applied some Glossy Accents to his little block of ice. Well apparently, Glossy Accents does NOT take to heat very well!! You'll notice that it crystallized, and ended up with a really bumpy, bubbly texture. Now, typically I would have FREAKED. (yes, I've been known to have the odd temper tantrum when I experience a card disaster, lol) However, I think this look kind of works for ice...right??? (please just go with me on this one, k?? lol) Let's pretend that I totally planned for this to happen. :) Funny thing...sometimes your blunders can turn into great discoveries! If you want crystally ice, then just heat up those Glossy Accents! :) Oh, and another lesson learned on this card...the Perfect Puff will tint pink when used beside deep red...look close, and you'll see what I mean. So use with caution next to anything red!


Copics: Miles: E50, E31, E33, E37, E59 Coat: R20, R22, R27, R46, R59 Boots: C10, C9, C7, C5, C3, C1, B60 Ice: a lot of B's, BG's and the colourless blender...sorry, I forgot to write those down

We'd love to have you play along this week...if you make sure to use a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp on your project, then you could be the winner of the stamps Kimmie used on her amazing card today!! Just link up your project on the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog...oh, and take a few minutes to have a look at the incredible projects by the rest of the Krafty Girls and Krafty Guests...wow, these ladies are awesome!! Thanks so much to our November Krafty Guests...it has been such fun working alongside all of you, and we really have enjoyed seeing your creations with Kimmie's Stamps! You ladies rock!

In need of some new Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps?? Visit the Kraftin' Kimmie Online Store, and do a little Christmas shopping...for your friends and for yourself. You'll be saving your hubby the work!! (He'll appreciate it...really! lol)
I hope you have a wonderful week friends, and thanks so much for stopping by today!

Blessings,

Melanie

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Miles on Ice", High Hopes sentiment
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, MME
Ink: Memento, Copics
Embellishments: Glossy Accents, Perfect Puff, dollar store snowflakes, glitter

5 comments:

Jenn Joncas said...

I love reading about your crafting adventures (: The ice looks fabulous! and Miles is too cute!! I just added him to my order from SGD (: I usually am not a big fan of polka dots but they have really been growing on me, I seem to be buying more.

Tracey said...

This is just fabulous Melanie!! I love the way you coloured Miles and added the liquid applique!

Victoria said...

so cute beautifully coloured

Unknown said...

So cute! The dimension of the puffed parts is awesome, and I love the colors you used!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Hi Melanie,

This is just adorable. Your coloring, fabulous!!!

Blessings,

Deb