Saturday, February 4, 2012

Happy Birthday To Miss Kraftin' Kimmie!!!

Good morning and happy Saturday folks!! Did you all hear that Miss Kimmie celebrated her birthday yesterday??!! She is also playing hostess for the weekly challenge, and she wants to see Birthday Themed projects!! 

I actually do not have a card to share today. :(  I had full intentions of participating, but I had a bit of a glitch come up this week. I play in a volleyball league every Thursday. This week I showed up at our game, stretched, warmed up with my team and started playing. First game went well. However, half way through our second game something "POPPED" in my left calf when I lunged for the ball. It felt like somebody punched me in the back of the leg and I couldn't step on it, so I immediately hopped off the court. I spent the rest of the games on the bench in quite a bit of discomfort. I went home and iced it.  I figured that I probably pulled or tore something...which my doctor confirmed Friday morning. She said I definitely tore some muscle fibres. I'm not moving around very easily...I can walk, but with a terrible limp. So I gave up on crafting to park myself in bed with my leg elevated while I continued to apply ice. While it was not a complete tear, it sure was enough to cause quite a bit of pain. I'll be off volleyball for at least four to six weeks...not that I have any intention of trying to get back on the court anytime soon. lol  I can hardly even hobble across the room! 

Despite not joining in with my fellow Krafty Girls, I wanted to encourage all of you to play along with the challenge this week! Make sure to pop over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog to check out their gorgeous Birthday cards. If you play along, you could win the stamp seen Kimmie's fabulous card!

SALE ALERT!! To celebrate her birthday, Kimmie is running an amazing Birthday Sale this weekend!! It ends Sunday, so don't miss out on the great deals! You can read all about the Birthday Sale HERE.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend folks! I'm off to ice my leg, lol.

Blessings, 

Melanie

4 comments:

Nana Diana said...

I was wondering what you found out about your leg, Melanie. So sorry to hear that it's a tear, hope it heals up rapidly. I'm sure you are well prayed for besides by me. I really hope the pain is subsiding for you.

Diana

Pam Varnell said...

Oh no sweetie. I hope you are already starting to feel a little better. Big hugs!!!

Sandra said...

Oh dear Melanie, that sounds simply horrible. I know pain girlfriend and it isn't very much fun that's for sure. Please take care of yourself and do everything the doctor orders. Hope you can back on your feet, or leg soon. xoxo

Kirsty said...

You poor girl --- bad enough to hurt yourself, but not being able to craft is like adding insult to injury. But, you're wise to rest, keep your leg elevated and give yourself time to heal -- rushing back into things is not what your body obviously wants or needs right now. Get well soon!