Saturday, March 24, 2012

Going Green With Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

Hi folks! It's time for another challenge at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog and this week it's my turn to play hostess. I thought it would be fun to use something Recycled or Repurposed on our projects. If you're anything like me, you likely collect all sorts of snippets, trinkets and treasure that you think have crafty-potential...so lets put some of those things to use this week!

For my card, I used the newly released Calla Lily. I really love the look of white cards with lots of layers and embossing, so I thought I'd try to run with that idea...plus I thought that it would really make the image pop if it was displayed on a white background. The background panel was run through my Cuttlebug with the Hedged Maze embossing folder by Couture Creations. The decorative border was made with Spellbinders Parisian Accents. Calla Lily was matted on a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Pendant. I added it some pearls made with an Ice White Viva Decor Pearl Pen. As for the recycled element on my card, I decided to try to make a flower with some repurposed lace from an old sewing project. Now unfortunately, this did not quite live up to what I envisioned. :(  I've seen some beautiful handmade flowers around blogland, but I think I need to work on it a bit more. I cut several layers of lace in varying sizes of circles. To help them have a bit of shape, I used a flower cardstock base cut with an MFT die. Finally, I used a Kaisercraft pearl brad as a centre and attached it to a Spellbinder Lacey Circle base. The charm is from Blue Moon beads. I added a few jump rings and attached it to the brad.


I paper pieced Calla Lily's dress and shawl with pieces of Memory Box "Minuet" paper. They were shaded with some Copic markers.


Skin: E000, E00, E11, R02  Hair: E50, E31, E35, E37, E59  Shading on dress: BG0000, B91, B45, B97, C5, C7, blender   Shawl: BV31, BV23, C5, C7, blender

Here's a shot of the inside where I used the sentiment that comes with Calla Lily. It was stamped on an element cut with the Spellbinders Parisian Accents set.



If you play along with our Recycled Challenge this week, you could be the lucky winner of Calla Lily, the stamp used on my card...just make sure to use a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp to be eligible. Pop on over the the KKS Blog to check out what the rest of the talented Krafty Girls have created this week.

Don't forget to check out the Frugal Friday Specials for this weekend!

Oh, and word on the street is that something exciting will be happening at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps this week!! Make sure to check in at the KKS Blog on Monday to find out the details!

On that note, if you are on Facebook, make sure to check out the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps page. It's a great place to hang out, chat, share photos and keep up to date on all the happenings at KKS. We'd love to have you join us there. :)

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings,

Melanie

6 comments:

Vicky said...

So incredibly beautiful!!!!!

Unknown said...

Melanie this is super I love the all white card. The image is colored beautifully, well done . Hugs Elaine

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Melanie your colouring is always so amazing! Love how the image stands out on the all white background :)

SophiePScrap said...

WOW! I just love your card! It's so incredibly chic! I can't waiit to get my own stamp... as soon as it comes in to my LSS!

Shazza said...

fabulously elegant card x

Tracey said...

Absolutely beautiful Melanie! Such stunning colouring!