Thursday, August 27, 2009

Birthday Anya! (and look for a link to some great blog candy!)


Hello! I was "hired" the other day by a co-worker to make a card for his girlfriend. He picked out the stamp and informed me that she liked pink...those were all the instructions! Oh, and I was to make her blonde. This is actually one of my favourite images. She's just so pretty! I had her all coloured up with papers picked out, and just could NOT put a card together!! Has that ever happened to you? It was so frustrating! So, the next day I went shopping for new paper! (because I really don't have enough already!!) That night, I had my friends Amanda and Amy over to stamp and colour. You have to love friends for offering input! So, finally after two nights of fighting with sketches and papers, here she is!!






Anya was stamped on Prism Simply Smooth cardstock and coloured with Copic markers, of course! The ribbons are from the dollar store...gotta love the dollar store! The charm is from Michael's. The flowers are from a great little store in London...can't remember the name, but my friend Amanda really likes this little place. I love the look of the jewelry spacers in the centre of the flowers...they are from Walmart! Thrifty papercrafters look all over the place for good bargains! The cardstock is Bazzil Bling, and I cannot remember the DP company...sorry! Here's a closeup of the image, and a pic of the inside.






Just a quick congrats to Amy !!! Want to see her big news? Drop on by her blog...she might just have a little candy floating around there! ;)





Hope you all have a terrific day!


Melanie


3 comments:

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Hey Melanie! This card looks so great! I love your colouring! You Rock! Thanks for linking up my blog candy too! :D

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on the colouring, Melanie! Your card is fab!

Welcome! said...

Another amazing card Melanie! Love everything about it!!!