Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Town Scrapper DT



Good morning all! I am very excited...this is my first submission as a guest on Phebe's design team for The Town Scrapper ! This is Tilda from the Chasing Butterflies collection. Phebe has a great selection of Magnolia stamps...go and check them out! Tilda was coloured with Copics to match the design paper. This paper is AWESOME! It is from My Mind's Eye. I had never used this paper before, but I will definitely be getting more! The texture and weight is beautiful. I distressed the edges of the layers. When I was piecing it together, I thought that it looked a lot like fabric. So...I decided to try my hand (well, my sewing machine!) at stitching on a card. I have seen many cards with this feature, and have been wanting to try it. The ribbon is American Crafts, coloured just lightly with a Copic marker to tone down the white...so that it matches the DP. The butterflies are also part of the Magnolia Chasing Butterflies collection. These were stamped twice, and the top butterfly popped up for dimension. The little button is from Making Memories. Pretty much all the materials for this card can be found at Phebe's. The little butterfly charm is the exception...it is from my stash...had it for a long time, and this card seemed to be perfect for it! I'll be posting another card with the Edwin stamp from this collection tomorrow...so stay tuned!

Melanie

2 comments:

Phebe Meeder said...

Oh my goodness melanie this card is stunning...i absolutely loove it!!

Welcome! said...

Awesome card Melanie!!! Love how you coloured Tilda, you co-ordinate everything perfectly!!! Can't wait to see Edwin!