Sunday, March 21, 2010

Easter Bunnies come in all shapes and sizes...don't they??

Wow...our weather here changed from 20 degrees and sunny to 3 degrees and cold overnight!! Yesterday was so chilly. Today though, we are supposed to have a bit of sun to cheer things up, so I'm hoping things are a little warmer. Signs of spring are all around though...our tree is even budding!

Today at High Hopes, your hostess is the wonderfully talented Lacey, and she has called her challenge "Hoppy Easter"...this can be a spring theme, Easter theme or have anything that "hops" on it. Remember to use a High Hopes image, link it up on the High Hopes Blog and you just may be the lucky winner this week of a brand new High Hopes stamp!

I decided to use a stamp that wouldn't typically be used for an Easter theme. I pulled out "Watson" and decided to add some cute bunny ears to him. Now, Amy brought it to my attention that High Hopes has a Bunny Ears stamp, which I gladly would have used if it was part of my collection! lol These however, are just hand drawn in (with a Copic multiliner). I figure Watson would have a big advantage over most of us on an Easter Egg hunt with that terrific sniffer!! I'd pick him for my team...as long as he didn't lick the candy first. ewww. lol


The sentiment was just made with some rub-ons I picked up at the dollar store. Actually, the Easter Egg ribbon is also a dollar store find!


I hope you have a wonderful Sunday, and I know the Divas are "eggcited" (lol...sorry, BAD pun!!) to see what you create this week. "Hop" (again with the puns!) on over to the High Hopes blog for some inspiration from the Divas!!

Blessings,

Melanie

(ps...If you are in the area of Petrolia, Ontario next Saturday why not join me at a fundraising event! I'll be there doing a Copic demonstration. If you are interested you can find the details here, at the end of the post.)

Stamps: High Hopes "Watson"
Ink: Memento, Copic markers
Paper: Bristol, SU, DCWV
Tools: Spellbinders Scalloped Squares, MS border punch
Embellishments: Dollar store ribbon and rub-ons, Prima flowers, rhinestones

4 comments:

Crissy Armstrong said...

Oh that is cute! I love your drawing of the ears too Melanie! SO perfect!

Phebe Meeder said...

you have amazing talent---the bunny ears are sweet

Kylie said...

Argh! I LOVE IT!! What a cutie. And on the hunt for some chocie too. What a beautiful card. I'm a dog lover - can you tell?

Marcea said...

Hi sweetie, oh my word I have just found your blog and my jaw is open!!! Wow, you have to be one of the most talented people around ... where have you been hiding all this time?? I would be honoured if you would allow me to feature you on Inspirational so that I can share your wonderful talent with lots of other crafters. You can either leave a post on my blog or send me an email (link on my sidebar) if you are happy to be featured.
Wow again ...... I am drooling
x