Saturday, March 13, 2010

We Are Not Amused. (March Preview/KK Challenge)

Are you excited yet?? The March Release for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps will be available for purchase tomorrow!! We will be having a Blog Hop to celebrate, but in the meantime the Krafty Girls are bringing you one more day of previews in combination with our weekly challenge! Your hostess this week is the incredible Tara, who has named her challenge "Bead It"! So stampers, time to break out those beads and get creative with them!

We are not amused"...lol, that's what comes to mind when I look at Annie Rodrigue's "Angry Ballerina"! Wow, the look on this little dancer's face is absolutely priceless! Poor girl got stuck playing the pig in her recital. "Angry Ballerina" is part of Kraftin' Kimmie's amazing MARCH RELEASE and is based on an original piece of art by Annie Rodrigue. (The sentiment I used on this card is part of Kimmie's Everyday Sentiments.)


Angry Ballerina was stamped on Neenah cardstock and coloured with Copic markers. I paired her up with this pretty paper from My Mind's Eye. My "beading" experience if very limited, so this was definitely a challenge for me! After machine stitching around the perimeter of my DP, I added these great metal flower beads I found at Walmart. I really wanted to make a beaded pin like Elaine did here, but I get into the beading aisle of a store, and am completely lost. So, if you ever see me standing there with a completely vacant or lost look, please help me!! lol

I added some Stickles to the tutu...can't have our dear little ballerina perform without some glitter!



Are you completely in love with Angry Ballerina? Kimmie is giving away a 5x7 print of the original artwork as a prize!! To be put in the draw for this, all you need to do is place an order at her online store on Sunday March 14th or Monday March 15th!!

I hope you play along with our challenge this week! You could be the lucky winner of a brand new stamp...but only if you use a Kraftin' Kimmie image on your card.

Remember to come back tomorrow for the Blog Hop and official release of the March Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

Blessings,

Melanie

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Angry Ballerina" and "Everyday Sentiments"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, SU, MME
Embellishments: Stickles, Metal beads and ribbon from Walmart, Prima Flowers, MM brads
Tools: Spellbinders Oval and Scalloped Oval, MS punch

6 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

She is just perfect, Melanie!! LOVE the pastel colours and the glitter on her skirt! You go girl!! heehee!

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Melanie you did a super duper fabulous job of adding beads to your card,hun! I just adore you colouring and I always learn so much from studying your beautiful colouring technique! Your colouring really makes the images come to life! I love our Angry Ballerina too...she looks so pretty such great colours, papers and I love those pretty flowers!This sentiment is perfect for this card!Love it all!
Hugs,t

Michele Boyer said...

Hee, hee, hee...I love that sentiment with her. :) Gorgeous coloring as always, Melanie!

Tasha said...

This is stunning Melanie! The colourwork is fabulous and i love the colour combo you went for
love tasha xx

Kylie said...

This is so cute! I love her expression! Gorgeous sentiment.

Paper Passions said...

LOL, she is hilarious!!
Soooo precious!!!
Love it!~
Amanda