Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Big Thanks to Crissy Armstrong!!

I received an email from Crissy Armstrong telling me she had recognized ten different blogs on her post today for an award...one of the people she recognized was me! Here is what she sent to us:




Oh my goodness, am I ever honoured! I am such a big fan of Crissy's work, as an illustrator, colourist and as a card designer. She is such a sweetheart, and has left me so many beautiful and encouraging comments. I have had the honour of working with some of Crissy's images for a couple of different design teams. Some of favourites recently have been the gorgeous fairies she designed for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps...I LOVE colouring them! (if you are interested, you can see my projects featuring Crissy's fairies designed for Kraftin Kimmie Stamps by clicking on the following links: Flower Fairy, Tree Fairy, Bird Fairy, Ophelia, Gwendolyn).

The other card artists Crissy recognized are amazingly talented! You really must go to her post here to check them out. Thank you so much Crissy for thinking of me, and listing me along with these wonderful ladies. If you are not familiar with Crissy's work, you really must make yourself a cup of tea or coffee and plan to spend a while looking around her blog!

Ok...so there are rules to accepting this award! First I need to share 10 things about myself that you may not know! (Hmmm...gotta put my thinking cap on for this one, and try to find something interesting to share. lol) Then, I must pass it on to 10 friends!


All right...you are about to get to know a little more about me!
  1. I have always thought it would be amazing to be a published author. I really loved English in school, but really have not pursued this "dream". Perhaps some day!

  2. Like Crissy, my favourite animal is also the horse. Now, I think I did post this before, but not everybody would have read it! Oh my, they are just gorgeous animals!
  3. I love to draw! I have not had much time to just sit and sketch lately, but I used to spend hours with a pencil in hand. (Mostly, I drew horses lol) My style always leaned in the direction of realism, but I appreciate all styles of art and the time the artist puts into his/her work.
  4. I used to be a competitive Highland Dancer (but I always wished I had taken ballet as well!) My mother devoted a lot of her time while I was growing up to taking me to lessons and competitions. Never did win a trophy though! (My daughter now competes in Highland dancing, and is completely obsessed with ballet...so I have been enjoying watching her develop as a dancer in both disciplines)

  5. I have participated for several years in a "Mom's Dance" in my daughter's yearly recital! This is a blast, and I love it....the lights, the stage and yes, even the cheering! Sadly this year, I am going to have to "bow" out due to other commitments. Last year we danced to Beyonce's "Single Ladies"...SO much fun! (Yes, I do have pictures...but I would need some pretty good incentive to share them! lol)
  6. I am a Sunday School teacher at my church. You will find me having fun with the kids down in "LOL"...a large group setting for age 5 to grade 5 kids every Sunday morning. We run a very fun interactive program complete with music, skits, games and of course Bible time! (I've even been known to don a rather oversized "afro" wig, orange sports jacket, butterfly collar shirt and polyester pants to play the part of a 70's game show host in a skit. We like to have fun!) (sadly no picture of this! lol)

  7. One of my favourite movies is "Three Amigos"...totally silly, but oh so good for a chuckle! (I can probably recite most of the movie...my hubby bought it for me on DVD, as I had "worn out" the tape! Well, and we don't have a VCR anymore anyways!) Does anybody remember how to summon the Invisible Swordsman??

  8. I love to play volleyball! I am by no means an amazing player, but I love the game and you will often find me diving for balls...my kneepads have big chunks out of them...I really need a new pair!
  9. I am not a good singer. Oh how I wish I was! I adore musicals, and think it would be amazing to take part in one...we have a few local groups who put on fabulous productions! When I am alone, I think I am a fantastic singer....but something seems to happen when somebody is within listening range...I suddenly become tone deaf! lol Ok...I'm tone deaf all the time, but when I'm alone, I like to pretend I am not! I really should take lessons...my hubby is an amazing musician and has a great voice.

  10. Hmmm...kind of stuck for a number ten!! How much do you really want to know about me? lol Ok...I had a role in a local production of The Nutcracker Ballet in 2008. Don't panic...I didn't have to wear a tutu or anything! I played the maid. I got to chase "Fritz" around the stage and shake a hair brush at him...had to put my "angry" face on! lol It was a blast! My daughter had different dancing roles, so it was really special to share the "stage" experience with her, instead of just being backstage the whole time! In the party scene, I had to take her coat and curtsy to her as she was one of the party guests! To this day, I still get "maid" jokes at the dance studio. Hmphf. lol (for the record, I DON"T do windows.)

Ok so there you have it! Ten things you may or may not have wanted to know about me! Here is my list of friends who I would like to pass this award on to:

1. Amanda
2. Amy
3. Krista
4. Phebe
5. Maria
6. Micki
7. Kim
8. Korin
9. Sandy
10. Alex

Thanks again Crissy! I really do feel so honoured that you put my name on your list! Hope you have fun hopping around to my list of blogging friends!!

Blessings,

Melanie

1 comment:

Crissy Armstrong said...

You are so welcome, Melanie! Big hugs!