Sunday, August 15, 2010

August Release Blog Hop at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

(This is one of two posts today. Please check back around 12:00 pm EST for a brand new Sundays With Crissy challenge!)

Welcome to the spooktacular Kraftin' Kimmie August Release Blog Hop! If you have joined in with the sneak peeks over the last few days, you will already know that this release is full of fantastically creepy Halloween images and a great sentiment set to match. There are so many spooky images from the pens of artists Annie Rodrigue and Stephen Leary. You will have a chance to see these great stamps in our blog hop today!

We have an amazing lineup for you today...joining Kimmie and the Krafty Girls are several Krafty Guests and our Junior Krafty Girls. You are in for quite the treat, as there are so many amazing projects for you to see! Make sure to start the hop at the Challenge Blog, as you will not want to miss any stop along the way. While you are hopping, make sure to leave comments at each and every blog because Kimmie will be drawing a few winners from those names...those lucky stampers will be the very happy recipients of some brand new August stamps!

Here's the hop list:

15. Diana
16. Michele
17. Kimmie

Just to make sure you are on the right track, you should have arrived here from the Challenge Blog.

I chose to work with "Batty Princess" by Annie Rodrigue. This stamp is based on an original piece by Annie, and I just love her to bits! Big surprise here...I went with a vintage feel for this card, which is probably my favourite style. When I go into stores, I am always drawn to papers and embellishments with a vintage flair. When I went digging for the perfect paper for Batty Princess, my eyes fell on this sheet of gorgeous damask paper that I had stashed away...I may even have been hoarding it, lol. (unfortunately, I had cut off the company's name so I'm not sure where it's from. Sorry folks.)



I wanted this card to look like an old framed photograph, perhaps on the wall of a creepy old mansion (doesn't that damask pattern look like old wallpaper?). I used my Spellbinders Labels 10 and Doodle Parts to create a frame from metallic silver cardstock. As I needed matching flourishes for each side of the frame, I choose not to emboss these pieces. At first it was WAY to clean and shiny for my liking...I wanted it to look like antique pewter. So, out came the Black Soot Distress Ink...perfect for aging the silver cardstock. I also added a some rhinestones to the frame, which were then touched up with a bit of Distress Ink. The paper inside the frame is from Basic Grey Capella collection...boy, do I LOVE those papers!

Annie's images this month have lent themselves beautifully to experimentation with different skin undertones. I wanted to give Batty Princess some dramatic shading around her eyes...perhaps even a little "goth", lol. I used a lot of purple shadows in her skin, especially around her eyes. When I was finished colouring, I used my black Conte crayons and a paper blending stump to achieve a smokey look.

Copics: E0000, E000, E00, BV00, BV02,R20, E31, E33, E37, E59, E50, E41, E42, E43, E47, 100, C7, C5, C3, C1 (and black Conte crayon)

I have a treat for you today...after all, what's a Halloween themed blog hop without treats?? My lovely daughter and Junior Krafty Girl Ainsleigh has also created a card for the blog hop today! She loved all the Halloween images this month, but chose to work with "Witchypoo". "Flying By To Say Hi" is part of the brand new "Halloween Sentiments" set. She did such an amazing job colouring up this cute image, and I just love her choice of "magical" papers (from KaiserCraft). Ainsleigh also used a couple of great Halloween buttons that I had picked up a while back at a local fabric store. As a finishing touch, Ainsleigh pulled out my favourite Stardust Stickles and went to town glammin' up this cute witch...that's my girl!!





Your next stop on the hop is my very good friend (and amazingly talented!!) Krista! Make sure to be leaving comments along the way to get your name in the drawing for the blog hop prizes!

Speaking of prizes, all orders placed at Kimmie's Online Store this week will be put in a draw to win a 5x7 print of Annie Rodrigue's original artwork "Batty Princess"! So when you are done hopping, make sure to head on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Online Store to place your order! Oh, and Kimmie has a brand new feature this month...look for the "Gimmie Kimmie Stamps" option when placing your order. Click on this feature and you will be able to order the entire August release as a package at discounted price!! This will only be available for a limited time, so make sure to act fast to take advantage of the savings!

Happy hopping stampers!

Blessings,

Melanie
Materials:
Melanie's Card
Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Batty Princess"
Paper: Neenah, Basic Grey, Bazzill, damask paper (unknown company)
Ink: Memento, Distress Ink, Copic markers
Embellishments: Rhinestones, machine stitching
Tools: Spellbinders Labels 10 and Doodle Parts

Ainsleigh's Card
Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Witchy Poo" and "Halloween Sentiments"
Paper: Neenah, KaiserCraft, Bazzill
Ink: Memento, Copic makers
Embellishments: Fancy Buttons, Stardust Stickles, purple rhinestones

69 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are both so adorable and wonderful. I love the framing and the colors and of course, the new images, great blog hop

Kelli Hull said...

OK, new girl here... PLEASE tell me your Ainsleigh is about 30!!!!! I am SO hoping it's so, just LOOK at that coloring!!!! WHAT???? NO! NO! NO! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!! LOL

Your card is OH so Spook-alamorous!!! LOVE the vintage feel and it's like the scooby doo shows, those eyeballs are TOTALLY following me!!!!!

DG said...

I love the first card and it DOES look like a creepy picture frame in a Haunted Mansion hehehe. The second card is adorbale. Both are so well done!

Creative Tara said...

Wow, Melanie... your batty princess looks incredible, almost 3D with that amazing colouring! You definitely captured the mood you were shooting for, I love it!

Nikki said...

Your Cards are stunning love that frame it's so amazing around the image it's so creepy looking it's fantastic and your 2nd card is just so much fun :)

stephanne said...

Such gorgeousness!!! LOVE your colouring Melanie and that wallpaper in the creepy mansion couldn't be more perfect and Ainsleigh, your card is spooktacular, wonderful colours and embellies!!
hugs, stephanne

fionalawlor said...

wow! both of your cards are fab! I'm loving these new stamps!
Fiona x

Patricia said...

love your cards are so adorable your daughter is so talented =P

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! These are stunning!

Unknown said...

Holy wow--- that frame is just fantastic and clearly mom has been teaching her junior krafty girl some amazing coloring skills!

Shirley said...

I love both cards so much...these two images are my favorite I think.

Unknown said...

Mel... I absolutely love your card. "The Princess" is just amazing and the layout is just perfect! As usual Ainsleigh has done an awesome job as well! Beautiful work from both of you... Xx

Anonymous said...

I'm always speachless when I come visiting your blog. Your coloring is out of this world. Your creations are just incredible.
Hugs
Mag :)

Raven said...

Both cards are great! Thanks so much for sharing!

chrilvian said...

i love the new collection en the witch is my favorite

Nicole said...

Wow I love your design! So vintage and spooky at the same time, reminds me of the old dusty victorian houses.

Mette said...

Gorgeous cards. Lovin' the colours and elelments and the new stamps are totally scary lol. Thank you for sharing

Hugs

Maria Therese said...

Creepie cool cards! And the coloring WOW!!!!!

MarkerGeek said...

Amazing!!! :) You know I am totally going to CASE your colouring on this one at some point. ;-)

LOVE Ainsleigh's card too! Fabulous, and those buttons are a perfect touch.

Ana said...

Wow!!! Your batty princess looks incredible!!! I love this. =)

Hugs Ana

Debs M said...

gorgeous card, love what you have dome with the photoframe , it all looks fabulous! x

Teresa (Smeared and Creased) said...

Wow, what an amazing talent you and your daughter display - AWESOME! I love the concept of the framed photo, the whole thing is gorgeousness.

Vicki G said...

Stunning! Ainsleigh, you are quite the stamper!

Hugs

Vicki

cowboydutrem said...

Love both cards! The first one has a better finish, but the second is fun!

Wilfreda said...

Both of these cards are great. I love these new images.

♥Rach♥ said...

OMGosh, love those colors and what a beautiful frame!!

Ainsleigh, I think your coloring is better than mine, totaly love your card :0)

Tasha said...

Wow both of these are fantastic, superb colouring from you both and great layouts
love tasha xx

Barb said...

WOW. Amazing cards!!!!!

Tracey said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! Your card is out of this world gorgeous Melanie!!! And Ainsleigh's is incredible too! I love the colours on hers!

Margo said...

Wow - you are both amazing colourers!! (is that even a word?!!!)
Love both styles - the spooky and cute!!

Alaine said...

These are both great!!!!! Love your daughters card.

Alyssa S said...

Simply amazing!! Your skills just stop me right in my tracks! Your daughter is following right in your artistic footsteps too! Fabulous cards!!!

Erika M. said...

I must say that both cards are very cool - ya'll are both quite talented!

Batraplume said...

Creapy and cute cards! I love both and I'm a huge fan! Thanks for sharing!!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Wowzers! Your card is over-the-top amazing!!! And Ainsleigh's card is adorable... :)

Vicki Wizniuk
vwizniuk at pris dot ca

Shaela said...

what detail you put into this! I loved reading about your process. :) and what an adorable card from your daughter! simply fabulous

Renkata said...

So beautifly spooky cards!.

Donna Marie said...

Wowzer... Both cards are wonderful. Such great colouring techniques.

Patricia Mae said...

OMG your coloring is just awesome I love the first card WOW. Very cute cards Love them these are must have stamps.
~Patricia

Pryn said...

The first card is a complete STUNNER!!! The coloring makes my jaw drop! WOW!!!

The second card is AMAZING as well!!! The added Stickles really packs a punch!!! Fabulous job!!!

Kerri said...

love the cards my one daughter is very much into card making...it is great for kids to kraft..thks for sharing

Piali said...

Batty Princess is Awesome!! ..Love both the cards.

Julia said...

Your cards are so amazing. Great job, as usual. Your daughter is very talented

Janine said...

Two great cards - thanks for sharing.

sammi said...

Gorgeous cards from both you and Ansleigh. I love the colors you both chose.

Billie A said...

Wow how cute love both cards they are so cute and great colors used. Very lovely.

paula tracy williamson said...

OMG, Ainsleigh gets her talent from Mom, cause her card and coloring is awesome! Wooo, these are gorjuss girls, I love the added spooky dark color to yours Melanie and the fun bright colors of your daughter. BRAVO!!

Sprytebyrd said...

Such beautiful cards!! I LOVE your vintage "creepy" feeling, Melanie! And, Ainsleigh, your card is just perfect!!
Thanks for the fun hop! My fingers are crossed for a win! :o)
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Jackie said...

Oh wow! I love all of these delightfully spooky images! Your coloring is just stunning on each and everyone one of these! Fabulous!

Pam Varnell said...

Melanie, these are both gorgeous but I have to say the coloring on the first knocks my socks off. Awesome cards.

Saxon and Jaedyn said...

wow you both did an amazing job!!! I absolutely love love your work!!! amazing

Lynn said...

Love these designs. Great frame you made for the first one too.

Paula Kaiser said...

The framed portrait on the wallpapered old mansion theme is perfect. I really like what you did with this.
And, Ainsleigh, what a nicely done card!

Ginny said...

I really love that frame, I'm loving all of your creations and have been going back through all of your posts, just wow

Karen Mar said...

Love your cards. What a treat for Halloween.

Annheidel said...

Oh gosh, I just love how you used the Spellbinders dies. Gorgeous card!

Steph said...

Such beautiful work! I love how you added all of the doodle bits to the frame to decorate it. It looks fantastic. Awesome colouring as well. Aisnleigh did a wonderful job too! I think any young girl would love receiving that card.

Jen said...

Such fun cards!
Thanks for sharing

Lisa Summerhays said...

Fantastic cards! I love the frame and how you colored the hair in the top card. Amazing!

Katie Cotton said...

love love love this!!!

Darla said...

Love that Batty Princess. Fabulous colouring.

Linda Carson said...

Brilliant artwork!!

Unknown said...

I love both of these cards (your daughter is very talented)!!! I love Halloween & I absolutely love the 'dark' feel of your card.... and you did amazing making it look like a spooky picture frame from some old haunted castle, love it!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

jan farnworth said...

great card love batty princess.

Nicole Brenna said...

Great card! I love the bat queen stamp!

Denimo said...

OMGoodness!! What wonderful cards! But I must say, Ainsleigh, I'm a little partial to yours! You've got a great talent! You are AWESOME!!

Tricia said...

Melanie and Ainsleigh your cards are simply wonderful!! Melanie, I love your choice of colours, the spooky Spellbinders' frame and your always fabulous colouring. Ainsleigh, your card design is terrific and your colouring stunning! It appears as though you have inherited your mother's unbelievable artistic talent!!! Thank you for your inspirational work girls!

Pipertäjä said...

WoW! What a great coloring. WOW! Amazing!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous cards Melanie!1 Love your frame, coloring, and the paper you used to make it look old. You are so talented. I can see your daughter is going to be a lot like you. What talent. Gorgeous coloring and design!!