Thursday, August 12, 2010

Previews Begin Today at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

I love release week at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps...it's always jam packed full of fun! This month is no exception. Kimmie has a fantastic line-up of Halloween themed stamps from two of her artists, Annie Rodrigue and Stephen Leary! She also has a great set of Halloween sentiments to go with the new images. Starting today, the Krafty Girls will be bringing you previews of the August stamps right through to the release day this Sunday, when we will be celebrating with a blog hop! Make sure to check out the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog each day for a list of the participating Krafty Girls!

For my first preview, I made a Halloween wall hanging with two of the August stamps...and they are by two different artists! Introducing "Witchypoo" by Annie Rodrigue and "Pumpkin Miles" by Stephen Leary. I love how well these images work with each other for creating great scenes! The "Happy Halloween" tag was made with Spellbinders Fancy Tags and the great "Halloween Sentiments" set that Kimmie will also be releasing this Sunday...this is yet another set full of great themed sentiments sure to suit all your spooky projects!

Some of you may be aware that I am a bargain junkie. I love dollar stores and clearance bins...you can find some fantastic treasures! I recently picked up several of these great wooden shadow boxes for a dollar a piece! I painted the entire surface with some black craft paint. After creating my little scene, I got busy "jazzing" up the frame. I used some chipboard flourishes as a stencil and traced around them to create a pattern, added glue and then sprinkled it with some black Martha Stewart glitter. The little orange gems are yet another dollar store item.



Witchypoo needed a bit of bling too, so I sparkled her up with Stardust Stickles. Her boots also got a coat of Glossy Accents. Copics used: E000, E00, E11, E31, E33, E37, E50, E59, RVooo, V09, V12, V15, G11, YG63, YG67, 100, C1, C3, C5, C7, YR00, YR02, YR04, YR07, E08, BV31



After stamping Pumpkin Miles, I added in a couple of extra pumpkins and vines to make it look like he was in the middle of a pumpkin patch. Copics: C1, C3, C5, C7, YR00, YR02, YR07, E08, E25, E31, E33, E49, E50, YG00, YG11, YG63, YG67, Y38.

Want to see more? Well, hop on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog to visit the rest of the Krafty Girls for their previews. Oh, and Kimmie has some amazingly talented super-star guests joining us this month...you'll find out who they are when you visit the blog! Make sure to check back with us tomorrow, as we have more sneak peeks planned for you!

Blessings,

Melanie

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Witchypoo", "Pumpkin Miles" and "Halloween Sentiments"
Paper: DCWV, Bazzill, Neenah
Ink: Memento, Copics, Bundled Sage and Black Soot Distress Inks
Embellishments: Martha Stewart Glitter in Onyx, Glossy Accents, Stardust Stickles, orange rhinestones
Tools: Spellinbinders Fancy Tags

35 comments:

colleen said...

WOW... this just blew me away!!! I love the coloring and her hair... OMG...amazing!

♥Rach♥ said...

MELANIE!!! You've completely outdone yourself, you really have! Halloween is my fave holiday and this is one of my fave Halloween cards ever! Love the layout with the little pumpkins and of course her fabulous multi-colored hair. The details are just wonderful, totally LOVE it :0)

chrilvian said...

this is my favorite, love it

paula tracy williamson said...

WOW!!! This is the BEST Halloween creation I have ever laid eyes on! I just fell outta my chair when it popped up! Your coloring and the vibrancy of this is outta this WORLD sister! WOW!!

Tina said...

what a fabulous card! i love it! :)
tina

Ginny said...

Oh I wish Miles was already released, I MUST have that!

MarkerGeek said...

Oh Melanie, your colouring is AMAZING. Fancy a trip to the UK, I wanna steal some of that mojo!!!

LOVE everything about this!

tinascrapbooking said...

Love it!!

Cassie_lu said...

How perfect is that scene you created. I love both images and the coloring of her hair is just amazing.

Maria said...

FABULOUS Melanie! Love your colouring - insert drooling here - and the scene you've created is outstanding!! Of course I will have go in search of these shadow boxes as you have inspired me with this great idea for wall hangings. Always a treat - hehehe just couldn't resist - and inspiration to visit. Hugs, Maria

Unknown said...

Oh wow-- this is just fabulous!! What an amazing project!!

Katie Cotton said...

i've just been turned onto your blog and am EXTREMELY impressed! I'm a follower, added you to my blog roll, the whole nine yards! Keep up the good work!

Donna Marie said...

I am such a BIG fan of your colouring. The dept that you create on these images is incredible!! This Halloween scene is adorable. You create such lovely cards and artwork - a true artist. Like I said, I'm a big fan... BIG FAN.

Tracey said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! This is INCREDIBLE Melanie!! I love it!!!

Andrea Murdock said...

wow...wow....wow...spew! Sorry that was just me barfing with jealousy hee hee! You know i love you xoxo

Cheryl Valadez said...

OMG!!! This is amazing! I adore this Halloween scene you have created with these wonderful new images!!

Renkata said...

Hi Melanie, what an amaizing card. The image is so chic :) Love how you coloured her hair.
And the details are so gorgeous.

Vicki G said...

You are the colouring GURU woman!!!! This project is AMAZING!

Vicki

xo

Shaela said...

I am absolutely blown away AGAIN by your coloring sckills - wowza!! Love the new stamps too - i MUST get them!! :D

Cindy H. said...

Wow, what an AWESOME creation!!! Love, love, love it! Your coloring is so fabulous, too!! tfs

Kimberly S said...

Wow, what an amazing project! Absolutely beautiful job. Thanks so much for the inspiration! :)

stephanne said...

It is always a delight seeing your creations, your colouring is AMAZING and your eye for design is impressive!! This is no different, I've been staring at it for what seems like hours, your colouring is fabulous!! So many layers of gorgeousness!!
hugs, stephanne

Papirdilla said...

Oh, this card is just an piece of art!! Amazing....:)


Greetings from Norway:)

Hugs,
Hanne

Kim said...

Oh my word Melanie this is AMAZING hun! What a fabulous wall decoration you have made! I absolutely LOVE it girl!!! Great work and amazing coloring!
Hugs~ Kim

Emma and Susan said...

WOW! This is so amazing Melanie! FAB FAB FAB!!! The images are so cute and your colouring is perfect!!! What an amazing creation!!!!!!
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx

FitterTwit said...

Melanie... this is FANTASTIC!!!! :)

Tricia said...

When I grow-up, I want to make cards and projects as beautiful as yours. Absolutely BRILLIANT!! You never cease to amaze me!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Well, what is there left to say?? For the love of all that is rubber and inky!!!! Absolutely incredible, Melanie!! There is just so much to look at! This must have taken you forEVER!! You got SKILLZ, girl!! Love ya!

Robin McK said...

OMG Melanie!
This has to be one of my favourite projects that you've done! Absolutely stunning!

Michele Boyer said...

Absolutely 100% TOTALLY amazing, Melanie! This is above and beyond fabulous! I can't gush enough. I TRULY admire your use of those markers! STUNNING!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Melaine, These are awesome. Wonderful coloring!!!!

Toni K said...

Gorgeous!!! You are amazing!

Linda Carson said...

Priceless!! I'll I can do is "ditto" all the above comments!

Steven J. Leary said...

I really like how this came out! Great Job!

Lisa said...

Amazing - I am in awe of your coloring!! I *love* this card.