Friday, August 13, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie August Previews: Day 2

Welcome back! My word, it seems you all are big Halloween fans...we've had such a great response after just one day of sneak peeks. I would like to say a heartfelt THANKS for all the lovely comments left on my blog yesterday...you are all so sweet!

Are you ready for more previews of the brand new August release for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps?? The stamps will be available for purchase on Sunday, and we're planning a blog hop that day to celebrate! Meanwhile, you can be checking out previews of these fantastic stamps each day with the Krafty Girls!


Once again, I'm combining stamps from two of Kimmie's artists on my card. This awesome "Haunted House" by Annie Rodrigue is the perfect backdrop for "Halloween Miles and Maisie" by Stephen Leary! (aren't they cute in their costumes??) The flocked spider web paper is from Making Memories, but I can't remember what company the other Halloween paper is from. The edges were all sponged with Black Soot Distress Ink and I glammed up the button with some Onyx Martha Stewart glitter.




Sorry folks...I didn't record the colours for this card as I ended up with an enormous mountain of markers on my table by the time I was done. I did add some extra shading with my Conte crayons.



Kimmie has packed so many great Halloween stamps into this release! To see more previews, hop on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog to see what the rest of the amazing Krafty Girls have been up to!

See you back tomorrow for our weekly challenge and another round of previews!

Blessings,

Melanie

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Haunted House" and "Halloween Miles and Maisie"
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, Making Memories and ??
Ink: Memento, Copic Markers, Distress Ink
Embellishments: MS glitter, button, twine, ribbon

15 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

Love that haunted house, how perfect! That Miles and Maisy duo are so adorable too, oh and your coloring on the house is amazing :0)

Michele Boyer said...

Can I just ditto my comment from your last post? I honestly don't know what else to say, Melanie. I just sit here and stare...and stare...and stare. It's amazing, girl!!!

chrilvian said...

i love the card, realy creepy

Vicki G said...

THUD!!!! I don't know what to say..............INCREDIBLE!

Vicki G said...

I need to come an watch you colour!!!! ............have a great day Mel!

Hugs

Vicki

MarkerGeek said...

OK that's it. I'm not speaking to you anymore, and am totally stomping my feet. :P

GORGEOUS!!! Love it. Such awesome colouring and I love how you paired those two up with the haunted house!

Welcome! said...

MY WORD!!!! Unbelievable Mel! I'm just speechless with your Halloween cards!!!
Hugs, K

Shaela said...

another amazing card - such beautiful detail!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

For goodness' sake, Melanie!! That haunted house is the creepiest thing I've ever seen! I can't believe the depth you create with your markers!! That's it! I'm throwin' mine in the river!! haha! LOVE how you've combined two of the images together to create a spooooooky scene!! Love it!

Maria Therese said...

Your coloring is just WOW!!!!

stephanne said...

This is astoundingly gorgeous!!! The colours, wow, so vivid and so much depth, I am truly amazed, and the images themselves are darling, what a lovely merriment of imagery!!
hugs, stephanne

Nana Diana said...

Oh Melanie, this is just amazing!! Not only is your colouring out of this world, but your idea of putting Miles and Maisie in front of the Haunted House is brilliant. Just fabulous!!

Kimberly S said...

Wow, what a great job! Love the dark colors, and your coloring is amazing! :)

Ddmac58 said...

I LOVE IT!! I agree with everyone the house is magical, creepy and gorgeous all at the same time. Your coloring is always so beautiful and very realistic. I enjoy everything you create and am so envious. You need to show a few tutorials for the rest of us challenged ones. *Ü*

Debbie M.

Linda Carson said...

Brilliant! You really need to send this beauty to someone who truly appreciates handmade artwork! My address is 3205.....!