Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mermaid Music

Welcome to another challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps! Your hostess for this week's "Stars" Challenge is the very sweet Diana who wants to see you incorporating stars into your project. There are so many possibilities here: buttons, papers, stamps, die cuts...take your pick! Just make sure we can see those stars somewhere on your project!

Now at first, I was in a bit of a pickle with this challenge. I went digging through my craft supplies and realized that I have NOTHING with stars on it. I thought a shopping trip might be in order, until I remembered that the lovely Aurora has stars in her hair...perfect! I inked up Aurora, stamped her on Neenah cardstock and coloured her up with my Copic markers. I also used the little starfish accessory stamp that comes with Calliope.



After colouring the image, I glammed up Aurora's tail with Stardust Stickles. (LOL, I initially thought about having the Stardust Stickles as my "star" component for this challenge, but thought I might get in a wee bit of trouble for pushing the envelope! hehe Diana actually wants to see star shapes on your project!) The background was done with various markers and the blender. all the paper edges were sponged with Bundled Sage and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks. The flourishes were cut with Spellbinders Doodle Parts.

Copics: Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E11, R20 Hair: E50, E31, E33, E35, E37, E59 Tail: YG00, YG11, YG63, YG67, G99 Starfish: Y17, Y21, YR31, E35, E47

We'd love to have you join in with the challenge this week! If you make sure to use a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp (you can find them HERE) on your project, you could be the lucky winner of Halloween Miles and Maisie as seen on Diana's fantastic card this week! Hop on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog to see the incredible projects by the other Krafty Girls and Krafty Guests...what an amazingly talented group of stampers!!

How would you like to increase your chances of winning some Kraftin' Kimmie goodness? Kimmie is sponsoring Cute Card Thursday's sketch challenge this week. I used the great sketch on my challenge card today. Why not combine the Star Challenge and Sketch Challenge to increase your odds of winning? (take at look at Kimmie's post HERE!)
(Have you registered for the upcoming First Annual Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Krafty Day?? Check out THIS post for details!)

Thanks so much for stopping by friends, and have a fantastic day!

Blessings,

Melanie

ps...You have until 11:59 pm EST tonight to enter my current BLOG CANDY on THIS post!!

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Aurora" and starfish accessory stamp for "Calliope"
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, Crate Paper, KaiserCraft
Ink: Memento, Copics, Distress Ink
Embellishments: Stardust Stickles
Tools: Spellbinders Doodle Parts, Martha Stewart punch

7 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow Melanie this is so beautiful, her tail looks AMAZING
love tasha xx

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Great job, Mel! Aurora is PERFECT for this challenge! I LOVE how you coloured her tail! You'll have to teach me this tomorrow....AND the hair thing! haha!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, she's a stunner, bet she's even more sparkly IRL. Lovin the sparkly starfish too!

Alice said...

your coloring is amazing! gorgeous card!

Mary Lou said...

Hi Melanie~~UNBELIEVABLY Beautiful!!! Scanned through your other postings and each and every fairy is GORGEOUS HUN!!! I just love your coloring!!!
Keep it up and I pop in again:)
Blessings and Hugz

Linda Carson said...

Most EXCELLENT artwork!

Creative Tara said...

beautiful card! As always, your colouring is amazing... I'd love to see a close up of that tail!