Saturday, August 7, 2010

For the Teens

Happy Saturday!!! It's time for a brand new challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. Did you miss us last week?? Our last challenge ran for two weeks, as Kimmie and Andrea headed out to CHA where they met up with Jeanne, and many other crafty friends! They had a fantastic time, and I loved seeing all the pictures they posted. But now, it's time to get back to business and get stampin'!

This week, our hostess is the lovely Vicki Garrett!! Her challenge to you is to make a birthday card for a teenage boy. Hmmm. Tricky. I sat pondering, and pondering, and pondering, and....well, you get the point! It took me a lot of thinking to come up with something for a teen! (which is pretty sad, since my son is 17...you'd think this would come easy to me. Nope.) While looking through my ever-expanding collection of Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, my eyes landed on Bartholomew the Bard and Princess Petunia. Hmmmm. Bartholomew looks like he's got some pretty mad guitar skills...and Petunia has such an adoring look in her eyes. What teenage guy doesn't dream of having the girls look at him like that?? Perfect!

Welcome to Medieval Idol. It's Bartholomew's turn to rock the court, and there to cheer him on is the lovely Petunia. Girls have always gone nuts for rockers, even way back in the middle ages! I stamped both Bartholomew and Petunia on Neenah cardstock (except the pupils in her eyes...I drew them in after, so she would be staring at bad-boy rocker Barty), and then drew in the background with a Copic multiliner. The sentiment is something I came up with on my own. On the outside it reads: "Chicks dig guys with mad guitar skills..." and then on the inside, "...but dude, next time leave the tights at home. Happy Birthday!" (ugh...I was frustrated with the inside of the card. I accidentally smeared some black ink from my finger on the white paper while adhering it...which is why I had to sponge around the edge with more black ink to cover up my error. sigh. )


Copics used: E000, E00, E11, R20, BG000, BG10, BG11, BG72, BG75, RV000, R83, R85, R89,C7, C5, C3, C1, R17, R35, R46, R59, E25, E 31, E33, E37, E99, E50, E59, YG00, YG11, YG63, YG67, G14, G21, G99, Y11, Y21, Y17, colourless blender


This main image panel ended up being huge (this is a 6x6 card base), so it left very little room for a fussy layout which is just fine for a "guy" card.

I hope you'll join in on the challenge this week. If you do, you could win the stamp Vicki used on her awesome card this week! Just make sure to use a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp on your project to be eligible, and then link it up on the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog! While you are there, check out what the rest of the Krafty Girls have been creating this week...can I just say, AMAZING!!

I also wanted to remind you about the First Annual Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Krafty Day scheduled for September 25, 2010 in London, Ontario!!! Read this post HERE for more information. If you're thinking about attending, you'd best register quickly, as Kimmie has already been flooded with registrations...over half the spots are sold already! Act fast stampers...we'd love for you to join us.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend, and try to find a little time to get inky!

Blessings,

Melanie

(ps...I've got a bit of blog candy up for grabs...read this post HERE to find out the details! I have more stampin' goodies to give away this month too, so make sure to check back in with me frequently so you don't miss out!)

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Princess Petunia" and "Bartholomew the Bard"
Ink: Memento, Copic markers, Copic multiliner
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, Basic Grey
Embellishments: Dollar store metal corners, Stardust Stickles

11 comments:

Лань said...

очень красиво!

♥Rach♥ said...

"bad-boy" Barty made me laugh :0) Love the sentiment you came up with and MAN, I wish I could cover up my mistakes that well! Beautiful job :0)

Vicki G said...

I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! You rocked the challenge, the sentiment is HILARIOUS!!! You are SO darned talented Chickie!!!! Awesome Card

Hugs

Vicki

cardmaking bird said...

OMG - I LOVE this card, it's fantastic and made me laugh out loud. Wonderful job!!! Marie x

Tasha said...

Wow this is stunning Melanie, i think your colourwork is so beautiful and i love the scene you have created.
The sentiment is hillarious
love tasha xx

Louise F NZ said...

This card ROCKS (lol, excuse the pun, but it does.)Love the hand drawn background and the sceane is fantastc.

Welcome! said...

Like I said before...BRILLIANT!!!! P.S. HBTY!
Hugs, K

Robin McK said...

Melanie, you are one of the most creative crafters ever!
Love the scene you created, and that "IDOL" is hilarious!

Sara Henton said...

OK, this is freakin' hilarious!! Too funny and your card is great to boot

Stampvanwinkle said...

Melanie, how cute is this. I love it. Your coloring is wonderful and the sentiment is perfect. I hope your boy likes it. Blessings.

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Wow what an amazing card.So imaginative and such fun.Elisa.x