Another work week done, and another weekend is upon us! That also means that it's time for our weekly Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge
!! Now before I get to the challenge details, I have some fantastic news
to share!! We have an amazingly talented guest designer joining the Krafty Girls for the next while!! Please join us in extending a warm welcome to Krista,
aka Crafty Little Pigtails!! Now, Krista and I have been partners in crime before...we taught our very first Copic class together a few weeks back! I am just thrilled to have yet another opportunity to work with her. Trust me, you will fall in love with her style and will probably stalk, ahem, I mean visit her blog frequently for inspiration!
So, what's the challenge this week?? Well, super sassy Krafty Girl Andrea
wants to see Flowers....lots and lots of flowers!! She has even specified a minimum of 3...which can be layered. I do love flowers on a card, so I was really happy to break them out for this challenge!!
I used "Victoria
", one of the fairies designed by artist Crissy Armstrong. I adore the detail in the fairy images...the long flowing hair, fabric with tons of folds, gorgeous fairy wings...so much fun to colour!! I used some of my beloved MME paper...my stash of this particular paper is sadly down to just a few scraps. I really need to find some more!! I coloured Victoria with my Copics in co-ordinating shades and used my Nesties to cut her out. I broke out my brand new Spun Sugar Distress Ink that I picked up at Scrapfest last weekend!! Oh, how I have been wanting this shade...mostly due to seeing it on so many of Krafty Girl Tara's
gorgeous creations!! So when I saw it at a booth there, I snatched it up! I sponged around the image while it was still in the die. For my flowers, I pulled out my absolute favourites...Prima Hydrangeas...and layered them with some pretty teal bridal confetti flowers that I found at a local stationary/business supply store. Finally, I added a couple of rhinestones swirls and crocheted trim from the dollar store.
I had coloured her wings to look iridescent with some violets, pinks and teals. However, after adding the Distress Ink, it was hard to see this effect as the pinks kind of blended together. So, Stickles to the rescue!! A fairy definitely needs a bit of bling. There are actually three butterflies in this image, however they did not fit into the Spellbinders die that I was using. So I stamped two of them separately, curled their wings a bit and partially adhered them to the image for some extra dimension.
Copic colours used:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20
Dress: Colourless Blender, R81, R83, R85, RV95, BG10, BG72, BG75, C1, C3, BV31
Wings: Rv000, V000, BG10, BV23
Now, I know you must have some
flowers floating around your craft room!! Grab yourself a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp and get creating! Link up your project to the Challenge Blog
or online gallery (you'll find the SCS keyword on the blog) and you'll be in the running to win the gorgeous stamp that Andrea
used this week on her fabulous card!
Have fun stampers
MelanieStamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Victoria"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Spun Sugar Distress Ink
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, MME
Embellishments: Prima flowers, bridal confetti flowers, MM mini brads, Star Dust Stickles, crocheted trim and rhinestone swirls from the dollar store, machine stitching
Tools: Spellbinders, sewing machine