Saturday, January 9, 2010

Looking Dapper!!

Saturday marks a new challenge over at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge Blog! The challenge this week is "Heavy Metal", brought to us by Krafty Girl Tara who would like to see you using metal embellishments. Once again, you just might see a few sneak peeks of the January release images...including right here! I am using one of the new Moonlight Whispers images drawn by artist Annie Rodrigue. I would like to introduce you to "Chester".




Dapper...yup, that's what I think of when I look at "Chester"! I immediately fell in love with this character when I saw him! How can you resist him in his suit and top hat? I decided to use Chester to make yet another Valentine's Day card...'cause he looks like he's dressing to impress some lady friend, don't you think?? Imagine Chester showing up at your door...looking so very snazzy! I paired Chester up with papers from My Mind's Eye and Bazzill cardstock. The little sentiment tag was part of the MME paper kit. I have had these metal snaps in my stash for quite some time, and have been waiting for just the right project to use them on. I also had this entwined heart brad kicking around in my collection too...how fitting!



So, are you game?? Play along with Tara's "Heavy Metal Challenge" and you just might find yourself the winner of a terrific prize. Hop on over the the Challenge Blog for all the details, but remember, you MUST use a Kraftin' Kimmie image to be elligible for the prize!

Tomorrow is the big day! The new January Release will be available for purchase!! Not only that, but Kimmie and all the Krafty Girls are having a blog hop to showcase the new images! You will find all the details of the hop and links to the blogs tomorrow over at the Challenge Blog. See you again tomorrow!!

God bless!!

Melanie

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Very cute! I love the pretty papers and how your sentiment is used on the tab to the side. The 2 hearts as embellishments are great!

Micki said...

Wow, do you know that I actually pull up your blog when I color to try to 'perfect' it. I still have a little problem with black and this little guy is just colored awesome! Absolutely awesome card!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

What a perfect way to feature Chester! He looks so dapper!! Haha! Great job, Melanie!

Nana Diana said...

Melanie, your card is fantastic. You have coloured your card beautifully, I love it!!

Unknown said...

Mel...I think I already said that your colouring is just phenomenal...guess what? I haven't changed my mind!! This is one amazing and stunning card honey!! You rocked this!! Xx

Lynne in NI said...

My, what a handsome chap! Your colouring is fabulous (as usual!) and I love your hardware and pretty papers
Hope you're having a great weekend
Lynne
:D

Michele Boyer said...

I *love* this, Melanie! Chester makes the PERECT Valentine! (And your coloring...W-O-W!)