Saturday, May 29, 2010

Roughin' It Kraftin' Kimmie Style

Good morning!! I hope your weekend is shaping up to be fantastic! Are you ready for another Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge? This week our hostess is my friend and current Krafty guest designer Krista VanTol!! Krista is asking us to "Rough It Up" this week...add some distressing to your project!

Thought I'd pull out one of our bathing beauties again...you remember Florence?? I think she just looks fab in her big sunglasses. Ok, confession time...I paper-pieced AGAIN! I'm sorry that I keep using the same technique...but these swimsuits just cry out for fun and funky patterns, and this pretty Doodlebug paper was perfect! How about if I promise that I will not paper-piece any image next week?? lol The inspiration for this card actually came from my daughter and Junior Krafty Girl Ainlseigh! She made a fantastic beach scene card for our May release blog hop...you can see it on this post. To create the sand, I just tore some brown cardstock, and then sponged some darker brown ink along the rough edge. Now, Ainsleigh had used a fantastic wave sticker for the water in her card, but I decided to create mine with more torn cardstock and added some white ink to accent the waves. The sentiment is part of "Beachy Sentiments". I love Kimmie's sentiment sets...they are such an incredible value! As a finishing touch, I added this cute little flip flop charm that I picked up from Walmart last year.






Looking for more inspiration?? Well get on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the Krafty Girls have made this week! If you play along with us this week, you could win "Perfect Poison"as seen on Krista's fabulous card. Remember though, you must use a Kraftin' Kimmie image to be eligible for the prize!! Click HERE to go to Kimmie's online store!

Blessings,

Melanie

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Florence" and "Beachy Sentiments"
Ink: Memento, Copic markers
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, Doodlebug
Embellishments: American Crafts Ribbon, charm from Walmart, Sakura clear Star Dust

8 comments:

Renkata said...

OMG melanie this is some special card. So creative. Love the sand from paper.

Kimmi said...

Fantastic. I love all those torn edges! Fab idea and I love her dress! Super cute card.

Kimmi x

♥Rach♥ said...

I'm not too much of a beach person but that kind of "roughing it" is sounding really good right now! Beautiful job, love the "waves" they are so cool!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh fab card Melanie ... wish I was 'roughing it' there too!

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is genius, how you have her bum sunk into the sand dunes. SO CUTE! I love the waves too. But of course it is your colouring that just leaves me breathless!!!!

My Paper Passions said...

oh you are soo crafty!! hehe
i LOVE this image-its top of my list for next purchases!!! so sweet!
Amanda B

Sharon Caudle said...

So cute!!!! Your paper piecing looks great and you don't have to apologize for using it again! Love the entire scene you've created here! You are such a little bundle of talent!
hugs!
Sharon

Renata van Miltenburg said...

DROOL....I love it all!! Can I come over to take a lesson in colouring??? Just had my first Copic lesson ever last Saturday (never had one in my hands before) and I have to admit that I like it too.... I love my pencils, I like to colour with distress inkt as well and now I'm afraid I fell in love with the Copics as the rest of us :( or :)??

SUPER card, the image is fantastic and I realy like how you made the sand and the see! TOP!

Renata