Friday, November 12, 2010

Snow Fairy

This is a tw0-post day on my blog...today is round two of the Kraftin' Kimmie November previews! Please feel free to scroll up to see my sneak peek for today(it will be up at 7:00 am EST)...and for links to the other previews!

Ready for a new challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers Stamps?? Today's challenge is brought to us by the lovely Tracy. She would like to see you using Acetate, Vellum or Tissue on your project. Just wait until you see the gorgeous projects by the rest of the design team over at the Wags 'n Whiskers Blog!

I decided to pull out one of the beautiful WnW fairies...this is "Rhiannon" coloured up as a snow fairy. She is usually perched on a branch, but I eliminated that so that she could be nestled on an arrangement of snowflakes and swirls. This was a fun challenge for me as I rarely use vellum on my cards. I ran strips of vellum and cardstock through my Xyron "sticker maker"...I know that's not the right name, lol. It's a little "X" shaped contraption that you can insert ribbon, paper or other thin embellies through to apply a film of adhesive. I used Spellbinders Doodle Parts to cut out the swirls and then broke out my Ritz Microfine Glitter for the very first time, and applied it to the now sticky vellum and cardstock. I love this glitter! Just burnish it with your finger for a beautiful velvety finish...so pretty! The snowflakes started off as clear plastic. I coated them with glittery "snow" paint, sprinkled them with coarse glitter and topped them off with a rhinestone centre. The pretty DP is from a DCWV Christmas Stack. Finally, I added some random rhinestones for additional sparkle.


Rhiannon was stamped on Neenah cardstock and coloured with my Copics. Those wings were just crying out for some Stardust Stickles...these are the perfect Stickles for fairy wings. They also add to the "frosty" look I was after for this "snow fairy". (The first photo turned out rather bright...it's too "blue". The colours are actually not quite that intense. This second photo is a little more accurate colour-wise...the papers are teal.)


Copics: Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E11, R20 Hair: E50, Y21, Y23, Y26, E33, E37, E59 Clothes: BG0000, BG000, BG01, B14, B37, B99, C00, C1, C3, C5 Wings: BG01, BG000, BG0000, RVooo, blender

We would love to have you play along with our challenge this week. You could be the lucky winner of a WnW stamps! Remember that the Wags 'n Whiskers Challenges are now open to projects featuring ANY stamp line...just link up your project at the Wags 'n Whiskers Blog. Now, if you already own some Wags 'n Whiskers stamps, go ahead and use them in the challenges...those projects featuring a WnW image will be entered into a bonus draw for a WnW digital stamp!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Blessings,

Melanie

Stamps: Wags 'n Whiskers "Rhiannon"
Ink: Memento, Copics
Paper: Neenah, DCWV, Bazzill
Embellishments: Ritz microfine glitter, plastic snowflakes, rhinestones, Stardust Stickles, machine stitching
Tools: Spellbinders Ovals, Doodle Parts, Snowflakes

4 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the colors, papers and embellies :0)

Tracey said...

Absolutely stunning Melanie!! A gorgeous image and card.

Kirsty said...

How absolutely stunning! I love what you've done with her!!

6 wacky women said...

So beautiful, Melanie
Your colouring is amazing!!

Karen x