Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day Two of the February Previews at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!

Today, we're bringing you another round of previews at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog featuring the soon-t0-be-released stamps by artist Steven Leary!

I used the adorable "Springtime Bunnies"...aren't they cute?? I decided to make a clean and simple little 4.5" square notecard. The nice thing about small notecards is that you can use up some of those little scraps of paper you have left over from other projects....and they are just perfect for tucking into little unexpected places for a special someone to find. :) I pulled out some scrap ribbon, a button and a bit of embroidery floss to finish it off. I used to do a ton of cross-stitching, so I have quite a selection of embroidery floss colours. No sense in letting them go to waste!!


Springtime Bunnies was stamped on Neenah Smooth Cardstock and coloured with my Copics. I was trying to give them a furry look, but I got a tad heavy-handed with my markers and ended up overblending...something you want to avoid when you're trying to create texture. The sky was created with a little hand-cut cloud template, a makeup sponge and Memento Summer Sky Ink. (I forgot to record my Copic colours this time, so I must apologize for not having a marker list today.)

To see the rest of the sneak peeks by the other Krafty Girls, please stop by the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog for the complete list of links. Make sure to join us tomorrow for another round of previews featuring some of the February stamps by another fabulous Krafty artist!! We will also have a final round of sneak peeks during our weekly challenge on Saturday, followed by our official release day blog hop on Sunday!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

Blessings,
Melanie

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Springtime Bunnies
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill,
Ink: Memento, Copics
Embellishments: Ribbon, button and embroidery floss

11 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

SO sweet, Melanie! Their fur looks incredible, along with the grass! And your sky is always perfect!! Love those little critters!

Donna said...

Great card! Fabulous colouring to make the bunnies look all furry and the grass and the sky....amazing.

cdm317 said...

The bunnies are awesome! I love the way they look. What a cheerful spring card.

Welcome! said...

LOVE this girlie!!! Gingham is my fav type of paper!!! Gorgeous colouring of the bunnies! Great card!
Hugs, K

Lisa Lynn said...

Super cute

Nana Diana said...

Melanie, this is so gorgeous! The bunnies are out of this world, so is the grass and sky. Awesome card!!

Tracey said...

Fabulous bunnies!!! Love your card Melanie!

dpkennedy said...

Aw, these are so cute! Great texture in their fur!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Hi Melanie,

I just love how you've colored these little bunnies. Such an adorable card. Their little faces are making me smile!! :)

Have a good day.

Hugs and Blessings,
Deb

Michele Boyer said...

Eek! I love your colored bunnies!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Oh how cute.... love your work.... Your colouring and designs are amazing. TFS