Saturday, April 16, 2011

Krafty Bingo...and another round of Sneak Peeks!!

Good morning! We've got a "double-your-fun" kind of day in store at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog...not only do we have a brand new challenge, but we also have another round of sneak peeks featuring the April stamps that will be released tomorrow!! All the designers today have used the brand new April stamps by Krafty Artist Annie Rodrigue!!

First, let's talk about the challenge. Your lovely hostess this week is the very talented Tara Godfrey. She has come up with a fabulous and fun challenge...Krafty Bingo! On the challenge blog, you will find a "bingo card" created by Tara. Your task is to create a "BINGO" by using any combination of embellishments on the chart that will form a row vertically, horizontally or diagonally. How fun it that?!

Now, let's talk NEW STAMPS!! Annie Rodrigue continues to delight and amaze us each month with her creativity. Her characters are always so vibrant, fun and sometimes even a little cheeky...I love them!

This month, Annie has created a gorgeous collection of five fairies. For my card today, I used "Lilybelle" and "Tallulahbelle". My "Bingo" consisted of Bling, Ribbon and a Punch.(remember, you can find the bingo card on the challenge blog) This is one of those few occasions where I coloured my images before I picked out paper...big NO NO. I spent soooo much time pouring through my paper trying to find something to match these two pretty fairies. I finally settled on some paper from K&Company and Pink Paislee. I fear I may have cheated a bit on the bingo card challenge though...when I saw the "bling" option, I immediately thought of using Stardust Stickles on the fairy wings. However, when I went back to check the bingo card after I was done, I realized that one of the other options was "glitter". Oops. Well, the "bling" option on the bingo card actually reads "Bling or Gems", so maybe we'll count the pearls as gems. :) The decorative border was created with a Martha Stewart Punch. The sentiment on my card comes with another one of the new fairies, "Rosabelle". I stamped it with Versafine Ink. Oh my goodness, why did I not know how wonderful Versafine Ink is for stamping sentiments?? I think it was Krafty Girl Andrea who shared this tidbit with me. (I'm sure many of you probably already knew this.) Seriously though, this ink is awesome for stamping sentiments or finely detailed stamps...but NOT if you intend to colour them with your Copics, as it is definitely not Copic compatible. It grabs every little bit of your stamp and creates a wonderful crisp and clean impression. Love it. :)



I was inspired by my fellow Krafty Girls and our Krafty Guests in their use of more adventurous hair colours...so I thought I would venture out of my comfort zone for "Tallulahbelle's" hair, and attempted to make it coordinate with her wings. What do you think? I'm still not sure about it. lol Her hair really is fun to colour though, no matter which colours you choose to make it. Those corkscrew curls are awesome! As I chose to cut out both fairies, I had to hand draw in their antennae after adhering them to the paper. (there was no way that I was going to try to fussy-cut something that delicate! lol)



Colours: Skin: E50, E13, E25, E29, E59 Dress: RV000, R83, R85, R89, V12, C5 Wings: RV000, R83, V01, YG11, BG000, B91 Hair: BG0000, B32, B34, B39, YG11, RV000, R83

Here's a closer look at the sweet "Lilybelle". I popped one of her wings up on a foam dimensional square:



Colours: Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20 Hair: E50, E30, E31, E33, E37, E59 Dress: G20, G82, G85, G99, C9 Wings: RV000, B91, YG11, BG0000

If you play along with the Krafty Bingo Challenge this week, you could be the lucky winner of "Rosabelle", the stamp seen on Tara's gorgeous card! Just make sure to include a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp on your project. For your viewing pleasure, please stop by the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog to see the Bingo creations by the incredible Krafty Girls and our fantastic Krafty Guests...these ladies have been doing an amazing job with the challenges and release this month! We're so happy to have them playing along with us. Please make sure to stop by their blogs and leave them a bit of love. :) (you will find links to everybody's individual blogs at the Challenge Blog)

Only one more sleep folks! Tomorrow is the big release day, and we've got an incredible blog hop planned for you! Please join us tomorrow for all the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

Melanie
Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Lilybelle", "Tallulahbelle" and sentiment that comes with "Rosabelle"
Ink: Memento, Copics, VersafinePaper: Neenah, Bazzill, K&Company, Pink Paislee
Embellishments: Stardust Stickles, ribbon, brad (Spare Parts), machine stitching, pearls
Tools: Martha Stewart Punch, Bow Easy

12 comments:

Brigitte said...

WOW, you did it again!!! I love, love, love your card!
brigitteetleschats at hotmail dot com

Amanda R said...

Fabulous job Melanie! I LOVE her multicolored hair and how you used two of them together. Awesome job with the coloring as always!

Unknown said...

Well I think Tallulahbelle looks absolutely perfect!! I LOVE the hair and wings matching, the whole card looks amazing honey!! I vote for more "out of your comfort zone" moments!!! Xx

Deborah said...

Wauw!!! This is sooo gorgeous!!!
Greets Deborah

Tara Godfrey said...

OMGosh Melanie this is breathtaking! I love how you have coloured both Lilybelle and Tallulahbelle! Tallulahbelle looks especially beautifully...love her with a darker skin tone...STUNNING! I am totally blowen away with your fussy-cutting, hun. I don't know how yo do that. I would be a total basketcase if I tried cutting out an image like that!!!

I love Versafine too! It is fabulous. I have used it with some clear stamps that just don't make a crisp impression with Memento ink for some reason and then I have embossed with clear embossing powder and coloured with my copics and that works great too.

Have a great weekend, hun!
Hugs,t

Bananastamper said...

Melanie, this is stunning! I love your colour choices and the fussy cutting is perfect on here. Just beautiful!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Um....are you kidding?? Her rainbow hair and wings are to DIE for!! I LOVE it and will freely admit that I'm going to copy you and try it out later! LOVE it, especially with her dark skin tone....looks awesome!

I've always used Versafine for sentiments...perfect crisp, clean sentiment every time!

Tracey said...

I love love love how you coloured these fairies!! Stunning card Melanie!! xx

Angie said...

I don't think I even want to know how long this took you. ;) lol just teasing. But seriously this card is amazing. I don't know how you do it. The colouring and then carefully cutting the images out without nipping something off. Seriously girl you are uber talented!!! *hugs*

Janine - Ellabella said...

Another absolutely gorgeous creation...everything is so pretty! Lovely cards =) Have a wonderful day!

Creative Tara said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Melanie! I adore the rainbow hair and darker skin tone- it's beautiful, as is everything about this card! Love it!

Kimberly said...

WOW! this is one fantastic card....From one canadian to another you rock...beautiful job on coloring, i have a lot to learn...What paper do you use to color on, as i've been using SU and find it's a little hard to blend sometimes. Thanks for sharing your wonderful skills.
www.justwordz.ca