Friday, November 18, 2011

Introducing "Reflections Yesteryear" and "Reflections Fantasy"...it's Release Day at SCACD!!

*** This is one of two posts on my blog today...please feel free to scroll up or just click HERE for my Kraftin' Kimmie Sneak Peek!***

It's RELEASE DAY at SCACD!! Susana is releasing two gorgeous sets of exclusive stamps by artist Carmen Medlin..."Reflections Yesteryear" and "Reflections Fantasy". I have to tell you folks, that these stamps are stunning. They are a dream to colour...beautiful hair, lavish clothing and such pretty delicate features. Susana is also releasing two "Just Because" stamps: "The Topiary" and "Carolyn's Bonsai", which are equally as lovely. To celebrate this release, we're having a fun blog hop today to showcase all the new stamps!!

There is a complete list of all hop participants at the SCACD Store Blog. If you have been tracking along the hop, you should have arrived her after visiting with Lori...and I know she had a beautiful project to share with you. :)

My card today features "The Georgian", one of the stamps in the "Reflections Yesteryear" collection. These new stamps are so pretty...I know I will be reaching for them often. I've always thought it would be so much to act in a period film and be able to wear dresses like this one. :)  The papers on my card are all from Memory Box "Minuet". The flourishes were cut with my Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork die and the decorative border was created with a Martha Stewart punch. For finishing touches I sponged all paper edges with brown ink, added some machine stitching, flat backed pearls and a Prima Flower.


The Georgian was stamped on Neenah cardstock with Memento Ink and coloured with Copic markers. After finishing with my markers, I added some additional shading to the underskirt and bodice with a brown Conte crayon.



Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20  Hair: E50, E31, E33, E37, E59  Dress: B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, B39, C5, C7, E50, E40, E42, E43,G20, G82, G85, G99, YG00 and brown Conte Crayon

To finish off the inside of my card, I used another stamp being released today "The Topiary". I also tucked in a few segments of the Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork die.


Now, it doesn't show in this picture, but I accented parts of the image and the die cut scrolls with a Spica pen. This pretty topiary was of course coloured with Copic markers.


YG00, YG03, YG63, YG67, G21, G99, C5, C7, E97, E99, R22, R89, B91, B93, B95, B97, BG01, BG09, B99, E50, Y21, Y17, E33, E35, E37

The "Reflections Yesteryear", "Reflections Fantasy" and "Just Because" stamps are all available for purchase exclusively at SCACD and at Quixotic Paperie. You can purchase the stamps individually, but if you have fallen in love with all the stamps (like me!), you can instead purchase them as complete sets at discounted prices. When bought as sets, both the "Reflections Yesteryear" and "Reflections Fantasy" collections include a bonus accessory stamp.

It is my pleasure to send you off to visit with the lovely Colleen who has a gorgeous project to share with you. :)

Happy hopping and happy shopping friends!

Blessings,

Melanie

11 comments:

Lori Aragon said...

WOW WOW WOW... Melanie, this is FABULOUS!!! Awesome awesome work :D
Love n hugs,
Lori

Unknown said...

Melanie I ran out of adjectives for you!! Absolutely gorgeous and beautifully colored! Magnificent!! LOL hugz!

Amanda R said...

Stunning Melanie, just stunning! I don't know which one I like better!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Oh Melanie. I love to just sit and stare in amazement at your coloring and creations. I am consistently blown away. The richness of your coloring is so unique. I am in awe of the fussy cut around that curlicue of hair, AWE girl. Absolutely stunning creation.

Kim said...

OH MY WORD...you have totally taken my breath away Melanie! Can I just stay at my computer and sit and stare at your creation all day? I am in total awe of the beauty that you get with this amazing images! Holy Moly! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Big Hugs~ Kim

Carla S. said...

Absolutely stunning, inside and out! Exceptional coloring!

Trina said...

Your coloring looks amazing!

Danni said...

Wow!! Truly amazing and stunning! I always love the amount of dimension you get in your coloring! Wow!

Lorraine said...

OMG, woman, you can make any image look like a masterpiece with your coloring! Awesome!

Donalda said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! This is just breath taking dear. SO love your coloring hon those pleats are awesome !!! Big hugs

Toni K said...

WOW! Amazing as usual! Really it's beyond amazing :)