Thursday, January 12, 2012

Who's ready for the first Kraftin' Kimmie release of 2012?!

Good morning and welcome to round one of the January 2012 sneak peeks at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!! The release day is this Sunday, but over the next three days (including during our weekly challenge on Saturday) you can catch some fabulous sneak peeks over at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog! Each day, we will feature new stamps by one of the talented Krafty Artists so that you can have your wish list all ready to go come Sunday. :)

Today we are introducing a fabulous set by Cheryl Alger called the "Lovely Lulu Set". (These will only be sold as a complete set.) I fell in love with this cute little tyke the second I laid eyes on her. The set includes three main image stamps and several coordinating sentiments. For my card today I used the stamp of Lulu and her teddy in the tub...how adorable are they??!! I paired them up with some pretty My Minds Eye Madison Ave papers, cut a couple of layers with Spellbinders Labels 18 (a Christmas gift from by best friend Amanda!!), added a bow tied with my Bow Easy and a button. The paper edges were all sponged with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.


Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20  Hair and bear: E50, E31, E33, E37, E59  Tub: C00, C1, C3, BV31, BV23, C5  Bows: RV000, R81, R83, R85, R89  Bubbles: RV000, B000, BG10, YG11


On the inside of the card, I used one of the sentiments included in the "Lovely Lulu" set.


SNEAK PEEK BLOG CANDY:  Sneak peeks at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps are always accompanied by blog candy! To be eligible, all you need to do is hop around and leave comments for every Krafty Girl who is sharing a sneak peek today. A complete list of links to their blogs can be found at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog, which is where Kimmie will announce the winner the following day. One lucky stamper will win today's prize, the complete "Lovely Lulu" set by Cheryl Alger!! Good luck!

Thanks for stopping by, and hope to see you tomorrow. :)

Blessings,

Melanie

25 comments:

Pam Varnell said...

Girl you are seriously talented with those markers. This is a masterpiece, as usual. Love it.

Michele Boyer said...

I could (and probably should) stare at your coloring for hours. It always amazes me, Melanie. You are SO very talented.

Cindi said...

Gorgeous card! I love how you colored her hair and the fur. The papers are great.

Amanda R said...

Adorable Melanie and amazing coloring! Your bear looks soft enough to touch!

AMY said...

I love the coloured bubbles!! I usually do bubbles one colour with different shades, but I love that yours are two-toned. Awesome card!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card, really like the soft colours and then brighter colours on the image really seems to make her pop off the card. Very prett indeed:)

Heidi Brawley said...

Super cute card!!! love the coloring of it too!
Hugs, Heidi

leahd said...

i am amazed by your card and love the frame inside a frame, it is very eye catching and i might try that myself, thankyou.

Sharon Caudle said...

I bow down to the coloring queen, my idle for Copic markers! :) Gorgeous work as always, Mel! LOOOOVE this card!! Even your bubbles are amazing! Fantastic work as always!
hugs, Sharon

jan farnworth said...

what a sweet image for a sweet card.

Sandra said...

I love her Melanie, and I love the fact that you coloured the tub too.

Rosa Witten said...

Adorable! The bubbles caught my eye first thing, just awesome work.:)

Manon @ Kasimodo said...

Ohhh!! This card is so beautiful!!!

Shanna Shands said...

Really cute card. I love your bubbles!

Lee Davis said...

I love your coloring on this card it is just fabulous. The paper selection and frame are just perfect.

Sparkly Engineer said...

This is my favorite Lulu for this release and you have colored her incredibly well. Her hair and the teddy are fantastic. The two tone bubbles are a super detail.

Sassy Cheryl said...

What a lovely card, Melanie. SImply, stunning. Cute as a button!

Debbie said...

This is Cute as a Button, and you colored it to perfection , love how you framed it.

Hugs
Debbie

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Well, this is just 'cute as a button'!! haha! You know my fave colour combo is pink and brown....they look adorable!!

Aaemie said...

Your colouring is cute as a button

Kris said...

Beautifully done! Love how the image is the focal point, up close.

Anonymous said...

I adore your colour choices! Such a great card!

Meaghan Murray said...

Pink & Brown. So classic!

Jess Willison said...

This is adorable! Love your colour combo!

Trisha said...

This card is definitely cute as a button. Love your coloring and your color combo. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com