Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rose (Kraftin' Kimmie March Sneak Peeks Continue!)

(If you have been waiting to find out who won my copy of the Copic Coloring Guide 2 from the release blog hop, please check back at 12:00 pm EST today to see who the lucky stamper is!)

Good morning and happy Saturday to you! Today's Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps sneak peeks are in conjunction with our weekly challenge, and we're sharing previews of the new March stamps by Krafty Artist Annie Rodrigue! This month, Annie has designed a collection of gorgeous flower girls. To coordinate with Annie's lovely new images, Kimmie has also designed a set of Flower Sentiments that you might spy on some of the Krafty Girls' creations today. :)

We've got a fantastic Sketch challenge this week courtesy of our lovely hostess Alice Wertz! For my card, I've used the lovely Rose. I had a lot of fun colouring her up at Kimmie's house last weekend when a few of the Krafty Girls enjoyed a full day of fun, colouring, food and movies!! Truth be told, I didn't finish colouring her...actually I only coloured bits of pieces of a few images! lol  I'm am definitely not a productive stamper at our get togethers...I spend to much time visiting! These gorgeous paper are all from Bo Bunny. I used my oval Spellbinders to cut Rose out and for matting. The decorative border on the horizontal paper panel was cut with Spellbinders Parisian Accents. The corner accents were all created with dies from the Parisian Accents set. For the upper embellishment, I layered two corner accents that I nested together on top of a circular medallion. The lower accent consists of two nested corner accents. All these elements were cut from sheets of the Bo Bunny paper. The "LOVE" sentiment comes with Rose and was cut and mounted with Spellbinders Labels 4. All paper edges were inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. (I think I use that ink on about 90% of my cards...maybe closer to 98%! lol)


Rose was stamped with Memento Ink on Neenah cardstock and coloured with Copics.


Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20  Hair: E50, YR31, E33, E35, E97, E18, E59 Dress: G20, YG00, YG91, YG95, C7 Sash: BG000, B02, B05, B37, B60, C7  Roses: R30, E32, R35, R59, C7  Vine: E13, E17, E59 Background: E40, E42, E43, blender

On the inside of my card, I used one of the sentiments from the new Flower Sentiments Set. It includes nine different sentiments. As with all of the larger Kraftin' Kimmie sentiment sets, they are perfect for multiple occasions and projects. They can be used in conjunction with main image stamps on the front of cards or to complete the inside of cards as I have done here. They would also be lovely as the focal image on smaller note cards or tags. They would be wonderful to include in mixed media pieces, journals, scrapbooks, Smashbooks...so many possibilities! The papers are once again from Bo Bunny. To create the inside panel, I trimmed around the edge of the swirls on the brown paper and merged it with the cream paper. The pretty designs on these papers made it easy to finish off the inside with a bit of style...all they needed was a bit of that Walnut Stain Distress Ink! Oh, and the sentiment was also stamped in the Distress Ink.


Oh, and here's Alice's fabulous sketch!


Make sure to visit the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog to see what the rest of the talented Krafty Girls and Krafty Guests have created for today's challenge/sneak peeks. If you play along with our challenge this week, you could be the very lucky winner of the stamp seen in Alice's beautiful card. (just make sure to use a KKS to be elibible.)

***BLOG CANDY***

Don't forget to hop around and leave comments for each Krafty Girl and Krafty Guest participating in today's sneak peeks because Kimmie will be drawing two lucky winners!! Each winner will receive three of Annie's gorgeous new flower girl stamps! The winners will be announced tomorrow on the KKS blog...good luck!

Have you been busy making your wish lists during our sneak peeks?? All the new stamps will be available for purchase tomorrow, and we'll be celebrating the release with a fun blog hop showcasing the March stamps...hope you can join us!

Blessings,

Melanie

35 comments:

Brigitte said...

WOW, she's gorgeous and your colouring is amazing!!! Love your card! Hugs, Brigitte

Victoria said...

Absolutely amazing work - btw the link by your name isn't working properly

scrappysharon said...

Great job! I just love your coloring ! TY for sharing !

wendy said...

Whowzers what a gorgeous card!

E said...

Love it!!! I think she is my favorite!! CAn't wait to get my hands on these!!

Mary J said...

Stunning! Your rich colouring is gorgeous as usual!

Shari said...

Oh wow Melanie! This card is SOOOO GEORGOUS!!! Oh my goodness!!! I think this is my favorte image from the release and you coloured her just beautifuly! Love the papers you chose and all the Spellbinders are wonderful on this card! Amazing job! (I'll be back at noon to see if I am the lucky lady to have won a signed copy of the Copic book, would be honored to have a book signed by such an amazing colourist!!!)

Cindi said...

Wow! Another amazing card. Your coloring is gorgeous! She is stunning.

Nathalie said...

This is by far my favorite. I love your card and the stamp is awesome!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

I'm so excited to have watched you colouring this gorgeous girl!! You always do SUCH an incredible job with the folds of their dresses and their beautiful hair!! When I grow up I wanna colour just like YOU!! *sigh*

SophiePScrap said...

AAnother WOW carad! But of course! I love that image and your choice of papers and colors is wonderful - I might just CASE you for fun!

Mary said...

Your card is gorgeous and so is Rose. Great job :)

Tracey said...

WOW!!! This is a stunning and elegant card Melanie!!

Chark said...

really well done!

Becca said...

Melanie...wow wow and more WOW!!! This card is dynamic.

Kt_Dragonfly said...

I just adore this card and the image, I think she's my fave! Looks like a flower fairy princess!

Marilyn said...

Another stunning beauty! Love this image and how beautifully you showcased her!!

Sparkly Engineer said...

This card is no less than amazing. The coloring, design, the inside. I cannot say enough good things about it.

Unknown said...

Fantastic card Melanie I love it hugs Elaine

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow your colouring is amazing...make the stamp come to life.

NinaN said...

Stunning!

Vicky said...

Such a fancy card. WOW I'm in awe!!! You have a new follower ;)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so fabulous inside and out!

Debora said...

The best of the hop! There's just not enough words to describe how awesome your card is. It made me gasp! Your coloring talents are beyond compare! I love all the di cuts! Rose is for sure my favorite image of the new releases but of course I will need them all! I love all the Moonlight Whispers.
Kimmie is so lucky to see you color in person!! When will you be coming out with your own Copic book, videos and classes? So beautiful, and I'm drooling over those fabulous papers you chose.
You are my biggest inspiration!

Lorena said...

Melanie - you amaze me - your shadowing is the best I've seen. Your images look 3D to me! Fantastic work, keep it up - I love to see more.

Lorena
www.scrapingcorner.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Rose is a beautiful stamp....I think she may be my fave so far but your card is DA bomb.....amazing details.cutting and colouring.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow Melanie! I can stare at your colouring all day it is just so perfect :) Love the papers and layout too!

rosesarah said...

WOW i's so cut!!!
The coloring is fantastic.
Hugs from France

mackbrad said...

This is my favorite image and project of the hop so far!!! I want to be Rose - lol :). This is just absolutely amazing!!!

Shanna Shands said...

Great job on the card. I wish I saw another version of this through the hop.

KanataNewf said...

Oh my - I think Rose will have to join my collection. Your card is beautiful.

Linda McClain said...

Wowzers! I just found you from Pinterest. Your coloring is stunning!

Heidi Brawley said...

Love it love it Sooooo much! Your coloring is AMAZING!

fredalexmom said...

Amazing card.

Manderly said...

Oh Melanie, she is lovely! Your coloring is so amazing. Love these new release too.
Manderly
xxxooo