Monday, May 14, 2012

"Sending Love" with SCACD

Good morning!! Have you seen the recent re-release of the gorgeous Guardian Angels at SCACD?? I adore these angels. They are so versatile and an absolute joy to colour. This is "Sending Love Angel". I decided to pull out a canvas and some paints to create a background...it's been a very long time since I've attempted to paint anything, so I am more than a bit rusty! (you can find canvases in the Mixed Media section at SCACD) To be honest, I need to invest in some better brushes I used some old inexpensive ones I've had kicking around for an eternity, lol. I used some matte medium to thin my paints out a bit to ease with the blending transitions. "Sending Love Angel" was stamped in Memento Ink and coloured with Copics. Her wings were given a coat of Stardust Stickles and she was adhered with the matte medium. I am a fan of Neenah paper for colouring with Copics, but thought I'd try out some cheap cardstock I have for using on the interior of my cards. It actually wasn't too bad for blending, but as it has a bit more "tooth" than what I prefer, I don't think I'll reach for it very often. It is however, a thinner paper than Neenah and so it has lower profile when adhered to the canvas.



Skin: E000, E00, E11, RV95, R20  Hair: E50, E31, E33, E37, E59  Jeans: B000, B91, B93, B95, B97, C7, C9  Shirt: V01, V12, V15, V9, C7, C9

Make sure to take a look around SCACD to check out all the new products Susana has been ordering in. If you are a mixed media artist, make sure to check out THIS section for some fantastic products perfect for canvases and art journals. You can keep up to date with all the happenings at SCACD at the Store Blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

Melanie

4 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Melanie this is just so amazing. The background looks fantastic and I love the texture. I can't stop staring at those clouds! But she is coloured up beautifully aswell :)

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Fabulous canvas :) I love the colors. She looks like she was painted right on. Fabulous job :)

Alberto said...

Hello Melanie

OMGodness look that folds on the her jeans! OMGodness they look so real! they are gorgerous! :D love them! and the fluffy clouds are sooo lovely and also these look real! everything is magnificent and I love the canvas! need to try them out a bit! everything look magical! keep this way and do more canvas! love them! :D

hugs xx

Danni said...

Stunning creation and oh so gorgeous!