Friday, August 17, 2018

Spooky Silhouettes...a Kraftin' Kimmie Sneak Peek!

***Welcome to the August Krafty Peeks....Day FOUR!! ***

We've got another new set from artist Melissa Baker-Nguyen! Introducing SPOOKY SILHOUETTES!
Image may contain: text


This amazing set features lots of Halloween themed solid images perfect for using with the new Hybrid Inks...speaking of which, here's a look at the new colours released this month: Pumpkin Patch, Purple Petunia and Mossy Meadow! 

Image may contain: candles

These inks are INCREDIBLE...if you haven't tried them yet, make sure to tuck a few into your shopping cart. You will love them...since Kimmie first released them, they are now the inks I reach for the most!

You will see this versatile set in action as you hop around the Krafty blogs. The list of Krafty design team members is at the end of my post. Be sure to leave some love at each stop because one lucky commenter is going to WIN a $10 gift voucher to the krafty shop!!

Plus we're doing a GIVEAWAY of the ENTIRE August release on the Krafty Friends facebook page!

Be sure to join us at the LIVE Online Release Party on Saturday afternoon at 1pm EST.  We'll be checking out all FIVE of the new clear stamp sets, plus two rubber rereleases, sharing fabulous creations, giving away prizes and having tons of krafty fun!

I thought it would be fun to show the versatility of this set by using it for something other than Halloween themed projects. I created a fall bookmark for today's preview. I started by using watercolours to paint the sunset sky and grass. I then stamped the tree and cat silhouettes from Spooky Silhouettes in  our Marvelous Mocha Hybrid ink. I created the fall foliage using the trio of leaf stamps in the set with our Yummy Yellow ink and two of our brand new ink colours, Mossy Meadow and Pumpkin Patch. Since this was sunset and not a night sky, there is enough lighting in the scene to add a bit of detail to the silhouettes. To do this, I used some gouache to add bark to the tree, shading to the leaves and a bit of fur to the cat.  I made a little tassel and finished it off with a couple of teeny leaf buttons. 





Here's the full set:

No automatic alt text available.


Here's the hop list for today:



Thanks for visiting!

Blessings, 

Melanie

14 comments:

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Oh my goodness !! Your bookmark is just stunning !!!
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Cindi said...

Gorgeous tag! I love your scene!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome tag! Love the colors and details! The cat silhouette looks fabulous!

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

Absolutely stunning!

Donna Carter said...

what a great tag - love how you added leaves to the tree!!

Sheila R said...

Great, so much fun

Tracie M said...

I LOVE your bookmark! Reminds me of my kitty :)

Kerri said...

Absolutely Gorgeous love it!! Those are some of my favorite colors!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

This is a Piece of ART! Wow! What a great fall scene

the Purple One said...

Ahhh, fall! Love the scene you created, it's very peaceful!

Jeanetta said...

I am in love with this bookmark! It is purrfect.

Therese said...

Wow Melanie this tag is outstanding! I like that you made leaves on the tree and the cat on the ground.
<3

Melle Clef said...

I love the style and colour of your tag. It's stunning.

Pdesmaraisdesigns.com said...

This a sooooo gorgeous!!