Saturday, September 5, 2009

Baby Gingersnaps!

Happy Saturday morning! I am happy to report that it is around 10:00...and I am still in my jammies! Wow, I have not had a relaxed Saturday morning in ages! However, it is time to get going with the usual Saturday errands! Thought I would get this card posted before my day gets too crazy!

Today I have a card for you made as a part of my guest DT spot for Phebe at The Town Scrapper. These cuties are from CC Designs Gingersnap line. I LOVE them! Phebe has a great selection of CC Design stamps! Baby cards are so much fun to make!




All images are coloured with my Copic markers. Now, the camera could not pick this up, but this little mommy-to-be actually has a "baby bump"!! I used some mulberry type paper so that it had a bit of stretch, and stuffed her little belly with fibrefill. There seems to be some misconception that when a lady is pregnant, her belly becomes public domain...anyone and everyone just has to give her belly a rub! I for one hated that when I was pregnant! This mommy, however, will not complain if you give her little belly a rub! I instantly fell in love with the little baby bug image in this stamp set...so much so, that I could NOT stamp just one! I had to have a whole army of little bugs! haha. Hmm, will she have a girl or a boy?? The little babies actually have squiggly antennae...but because I wanted to cut out and pop them up, I had to cut them off. I printed this sentiment out on my computer, but the stamp set has a couple of cute ones included. I used a few layers of Nestabilities to mat the images on, and the sentiment is cut from the ribbon tag trio also from Spellbinders. Lots of pop dots were used on this card!! The DP is MME...I really love this paper which is available at The Town Scrapper . The colours are so pretty in this paper. Phebe I need to pick up more of this from you!! A little bit of machine stitching and voila! Here is a close-up of the image:
:

I had so much fun making this card! Go out and see Phebe...I guarantee you will find something (probably a lot of somethings!) that you love at her store. She has new stamps arriving! I will be bringing this card out to Petrolia for display in her store (see...now you can go give that "baby bump" a rub!!), and I plan on picking up some new stamps!

As always, thanks for taking the time to look in!

Melanie

9 comments:

Lidiya Lastur said...

Hi Melanie,
I'm Lidiya, and just stopped by... and saw your sweet baby thoughts card-it's soooo cute!!!!!
I looove it-cutest thing ever :) :)
Do you make them for fun? or...?
Nice blog too :)

Phebe Meeder said...

very very cute

Welcome! said...

ADORABLE card Melanie!!! Gorgeous colouring!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

hey hey
this card is as cute as i thought it would be
awesome colouring as always!!
those cutie patootie little baby bugs.....!!
i LOVE it!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with all the ladies' comments....beautiful!! I have been admiring your card since you posted it. I have the same sweet stamp set, but would never have thought to have the babies floating around the mommy-to-be. I love your creativity!

Debby said...

Gorgeous!

Beth Norman said...

OMG this is darling!!

Nicole said...

OMG this card is adorable. I love it soooo much. Just had to let u know. Great Job

Nana Diana said...

what an adorable card!! Love it!!