Tuesday, September 29, 2009

High Hopes Challenge #46 (and after that...scroll down for news on a DT call!)

Hello everyone! Wow it seems like so long since I last posted a new card! My apologies, but as you might have read on my blog, I had some unexpected surgery a couple of weeks ago. Boy, did it ever set me back! But, I am back on my feet and hoping to keep my fingers inky! Thanks again to all those who sent get well wishes. They were much appreciated!
This week I am playing along in the High Hopes Challenge. For this challenge, we are to make a birthday card. I am using one of my favourite High Hopes images, Leo. He is just too adorable! Take a look:



As always, I've coloured my image with Copic markers. Leo was painstakingly (I'm not kidding here...take a look at his mane!!) cut out and popped up on brown cardstock cut with my Nesties. The design paper is Basic Gray, and the card base is Bazzill. Normally, my cards run a bit on the "girly" side, but this cute little lion lends himself very nicely for a more masculine card! I raided the garage and found some twine to use instead of ribbon for attaching the sentiment, giving a more "rustic" feel! You never know where you will find your supplies for your next card! Here is a close-up:

I've set a record for myself by posting twice in one day! Keep scrolling, grab a cup of coffee or tea and take a look at the news below!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings,

Melanie

5 comments:

Heide said...

I love it!!!
Great job with the coloring of the lion and I really like the DP you used.

Welcome! said...

I'm so glad you've recovered from your surgery! I was bustin' at the seams to see your latest creations!!! LOL!!! Welcome back! :) Oh and LOVE the Leo card! It's great, as always!

Sirpaliina said...

Great card i love your coloring.

Tricia said...

Melanie, all that time spent on his mane really paid off. The lion looks absolutely amazing (as does the card). I cannot believe you are quite new to copic colouring, you colour like a pro!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Melanie, so beautifully coloured and i love the wonderful lo. Hugs Nikki x