Saturday, October 3, 2009

Brand Spankin' New Humble Pie Blog!!

Happy Saturday!! I have some exciting news for you all. Phebe, the owner of The Town Scrapper has launched her own line of stamps, which now has it's very own blog, Humble Pie ! Over at this new blog, you will find bios on the Humble Pie design team affectionately named The Bakers, projects designed by The Bakers, challenges, prizes and more!! Here is my first submission as part of The Bakers!





This little guy from the Humble Pie stamp line is named "Batboy". The supplies for this card can be found at The Town Scrapper . I stamped Batboy on Neenah cardstock and coloured him up with my Copic markers. The DP is from Making Memories. I love that paper with the spider web...it's flocked (which just won't show up in a photo!), and the little spider is glittery. The sentiments are cut out from a 12x12 sheet of paper full of Halloween themed words and phrases. I have seen a few card designers pop up their sentiments with pop dots to achieve this wavy look, so thought I'd try it out! I think it's a technique I will use again...it adds great dimension to a card. I distressed the edges with black distress ink. I added just a touch of glitter to Batboy's wings and the "S" on his shirt with a glitter pen. I also used my Spica pen to add a little shimmer to his eyes. (again...this isn't showing up in the pic, so you will have to take my word for it! Here is the closeup:





So, hop on over to the Humble Pie Stamps blog, and get in on all the fun! I know that Phebe will be offering up some candy...so go and check it out! Don't forget to see my post on the DT call for Humble Pie Stamps HERE !

Have an awesome weekend!
Melanie

(oh...and Happy World Card Making Day!!! Make sure to find some time to get inky!!)


1 comment:

Angie said...

I love your card. Especially what you did with the sentiment it caught my eye right away. Very cool. I may need to try this too.
Again great card!!
Angie