Thursday, October 29, 2009

Let It Snow: A Motivet Christmas

Thursday already...where has the week gone? So, I last posted that my family had avoided all these nasty bugs going around...I spoke too soon. I've been working from home the last two days, as my daughter has been home sick. She woke up the other day with a sore throat and a bit of a cough. In previous years, she probably would have still gone to school. However, with all the hype surrounding H1N1, I thought it best to keep her home and monitor her in case she spiked a fever. No fever yet, but she is a bit run down. So, it's a jammie day for her again! Hopefully, this is just a cold that she is fighting...time will tell.

So, on to my card! Have you seen the new Motivet stamps from their "Traditional" line? I love them! Lucky for me, my friend Phebe is carrying them in her store. Phebe owns The Town Scrapper , a fabulous little store in Petrolia, Ontario. She carries some great stamp lines. So when I was out there the other day, some of these new Motivet stamps found their way into my bag!

This is one of my favourites. I absolutely love Christmas carols. However, I am NOT a singer! That is something I really wish I had a talent for. My husband is a musician, so a lot of people assume that I sing as well. Nope. Well, I do...but it doesn't mean that people want to hear it! I do love listening to children sing, and these three are out in the chilly winter air carolling for everyone to hear!

The image was coloured with Copic markers. I have never created a night sky behind my images before. I started by masking the image and sponging Memento London Fog behind them. This just wasn't quite deep enough, so I added some Memento Black as well. (it looks smoother in real life...you'll have to trust me on that!) This was the first time I played with my Polar White Flower Soft. It is just perfect for snow...so sparkly! I drew little snowflakes with my Inksentials pen. Then I debated whether to "Stickle" them up, or go with Flower Soft snowflakes. I obviously opted for the latter. What do you think?





Here's the closeup:



I added some Glossy Accents to the lamp shade ( why does this never show in pictures?? lol). I finally got a snowflake Spellbinders, and this was the perfect card to use them for! I have seen some beautiful snowflake medallions created with these, and was excited to try it out. However, I'm noticing that I covered my centre rhinestone with Stickles...oops. I will be sticking another one on that, so just pretend that there's a lovely un-Stickled rhinestone in the middle! Thanks for humouring me. Then sentiment is also from Motivet (I added the snowflakes). These lovely papers are also available at the Town Scrapper.

I am excited...since Halloween is almost come and gone, that means stores will be putting out Christmas stuff soon! Some already have. I'll be on the hunt for little treasures to use on cards and other projects. I love this time of year.

Have a wonderful day...and thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

Melanie

5 comments:

Phebe Meeder said...

woweee...stunning mel

Lisa said...

The sky looks great and I loved how you coloured everything in too. My kids are home today with a stomach flu :( P.J. day here too, LOL

Crystal said...

Melanie, what a great job on the night sky ! Love the image and your coloring too. Hope your DD is on the mend soon. Blessings to you !

My Paper Passions said...

Sooo nice!!!It really came together once the sky was sponged in....Very nice...i think i would like to carol now!
Your sooo inspiring!!hehehe
Xoxo
Amanda

Welcome! said...

Amazing card Melanie, I love all the snow, and the sponging is fantastic!!! Have a great weekend!