Saturday, June 12, 2010

Beachy Keen Kraftin' Kimmie June Previews!

Wow, what a jam-packed week it's been at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!! Only one more sleep until you will be able to get your hands on the amazing June stamps. Have you got your favourites picked out?? LOL...why not save yourself the headache and just order them all! There are four fantastic new Miles the Mouse stamps by new Krafty artist Steven Leary and of course the amazing Summer Mermaid Stamp Kit by artist Annie Rodrigue. This is an exclusive kit that will be available only at Kimmie's online store...and only for a limited time! Although the images will eventually be released individually, you can take advantage of an amazing 20% discount if you order them as this Summer Kit.

We have another round of previews today along with our weekly challenge. Kraftin' Kimmie herself is our hostess this week and her challenge is "Beachy Keen"...we want to see projects with a summer or water theme. Of course, this challenge ties in perfectly with all our June release stamps! (psst....it's also perfect for our Bathing Beauties that were released last month!!)

Ready to meet another mermaid?? This is "Nerissa", isn't she just gorgeous?? I pulled out some beautiful Crate Paper for this card. Do you ever find paper that you stash away for just the right project/image?? I have been holding this one for a bit...found it in a clearance bin at Scrapfest a while back. Silly me...I only bought two sheets. The texture on this double sided paper is amazing, and the colour combination is divine! I also used a little scrap of K&Company paper for the Spellbinders layer that Nerissa is matted on. That sentiment is part of the Summer Mermaid Stamp Kit.

Nerissa was of course coloured with Copic markers, and her tail was glittered up with Smooch Illuminate and Stardust Stickles...which I'm sadly running very low on!! (and NOBODY seems to have it in stock locally...almost in panic mode here, lol!!) These mermaids NEED glitter, so I've been stretching my little bottle of Stickles to last me through this preview week! (I had just enough left for my Blog Hop card tomorrow!!) Lucky for me, I'm on my way to London today with Krista, and I'm hoping to find some there.



So, are you going to play along?? Go on and check out the amazing projects by the rest of the Krafty Girls...oh my goodness, they are rockin' this preview week with their creative genius! Then, ink yourself up a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp and get busy! You could be the lucky winner of a brand new Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp!!
Don't forget to come back tomorrow...did we mention it's RELEASE DAY!! Join us for our blog hop, and then go shopping at the Kraftin' Kimmie Online Store to buy all the fabulous June stamps!

See you then!

Blesssings,

Melanie

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Summer Mermaid Stamp Kit, "Nerissa" and sentiment
Paper: Neenah, Crate Paper, K&Company, Bazzill
Ink: Memento, Copic markers
Embellishments: Crocheted trim from the dollar store, pearls
Tools: Spellbinders

7 comments:

Robin McK said...

OMG, it's so good, I could cry...thats normal, right?

Beth S said...

Wow! Melanie the colouring on this card is stunning. Love all the sparkle and the shading is just perfect.

Shaela said...

My jaw literally DROPPED when I saw this card of yours on the KK blog - it is GORGEOUS!! Your coloring is the most amazing I have ever seen... her hair and fin are simply stunning!!!

Lisa Summerhays said...

Great card. The way you colored her tail is fantastic!

Claireabelle said...

Wow Melanie, gorgeous!! Love the way you've coloured her tail too. Must look out for some of that stuff
xx

Michele Boyer said...

GASP! I don't even know what to say, Melanie. No words would give this justice! Your coloring.... the entire thing... literally speechless!

loyaz said...

Love the glitter/shimmer. Great card!
DianeL
loyaz1@wbhsi.net