Thursday, January 31, 2013

Crafty Hodgepodge

Hi crafty friends!

I wanted to share an image I coloured this week. I haven't had a chance yet to include her on a finished project, but she was a lot of fun to colour. This is Earth Angel from the Guardian Angel collection at SCACD. I stamped her on Neenah cardstock with Memento Ink and coloured her with a combination of Copics and a couple of ShinHan markers. I also added some Stardust Stickles to her wings. The Guardian Angels are so sweet, and just perfect for so many different projects.



I also wanted to share a bookmark. I'm an avid reader. While I enjoy my e-reader, I do ultimately prefer the feel of an actual book in my hands. That being said, I never seem to have a bookmark to hold my place! I typically try to rely on my memory for the page I left off at...which never seems to work, lol. This old brain is getting more forgetful with each passing year! I took an Inksentials kraft tag and trimmed down the sides. I ran the tag through my Cuttlebug with a Couture Creations embossing folder and used brown ink to highlight the raised design. I tore a piece of Bo Bunny Gabrielle paper, crumpled it up and inked it before adhering it to the tag. I used the Uncaged Bird from Dies by SCACD and cut it out of craft cardstock. It was then coloured lightly with Copics. I wanted this to have a very muted, vintage feel. Bookmarks are fun to make, and typically whip up pretty fast. Since they have to remain " low profile", you really don't need to spend much time fussing with embellishments. They are also a great way to use up those little scraps of paper we all hold on to. ;)



Susana has recently added some great new products to the SCACD website. Here are just a few items you should definitely check out!


Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

Melanie

No comments: