Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year with SCACD!

Hello and Happy New Year to all my crafty friends!! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. :)

I'm sharing a card today featuring one of the Guardian Angels by Elizabeth Bell for SCACD...I absolutely love these angels. :) This is "Knowledge is Power Angel". She was cut out and matted with Spellbinders. The flourishes were created with the Elegant Scrollwork Memory Box Die. The pretty corner embellishment was cut with one of the Fancy Flower and Key Corner Dies by SCACD. The angel was stamped in Memento Ink and coloured with Copics. Her wings were given a coat of Stardust Stickles. For whatever reason, this card didn't want to photograph properly...in real life, both the purple cardstock and the coloured background do actually match the image and design paper. sigh. Guess you'll have to take my word for it! I also added some pears made with a Viva Decor pen.



Make sure to pop by SCACD to check out the amazing selection of products. Here are just a few suggestions:

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Blessings, 

Melanie



5 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful card Melanie - Happy New Year
Hugs
Jane

Kathi said...

Such a gorgeous tag.

She's beautifully colored with such rich deep colors!

I love all the die cuts framing that beautiful image!

Janine - Ellabella said...

WOW!!! This is a real beauty, love your stamp too, she is a pretty one. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Gorgeous melanie!! I love the colouring and the background! now i dont feel as excited about my slodging...yours looks heaps better!! hahaha. i have to not be frightened to do big areas i think :) great work chickie! xx

Astrid said...

Gorgeous tag Melanie, love the colouring !!

hugs Astrid