Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Card for Cory

Wednesday....half-way through the workweek!! I'm already planning my weekend, as there is always so much to do at this time of year! Our Santa Claus parade is this Saturday, and I FINALLY do not have to sit on a float!! Oh the hours of being freezing while waiting for the parade to start (guess I should have used some of the hand-warmers from yesterday's post! I do love to watch the parade though...don't take me for a Scrooge! We will be going down to see all the beautiful floats...including our church's. My husband has been heading up the church float for several years now. He'll be playing in a band up there on that float, providing the onlookers with a bit of a "rock" twist on some traditional carols...I think he mentioned Trans Siberian Orchestra! Have you heard that version of Carol of the Bells. It's awesome!!
Ok, on to my card. My nephew Cory requested an "Aunty Mel" card this year, so I made this one for him. I used this adorable Santa from High Hopes. You know, it's tough not making a "girly" card...all those ribbons and glittery things just call to me! I fought the temptation, and stuck to traditional red and green colours. I kept the glitter to a minimum, and just used some Stickles on his white trim...oh, and maybe a few rhinestones! All cardstock is Bazzil, and the DP is DCWV. I used Black Soot Distress Ink around all the edges. I used my Scorpal to create that embossed pattern on the green layer. The sentiment is also from High Hopes, and the brad is Karen Foster. Hmm, ok some Christmas Red Stickles MAY have found their way around the sentiment!
I also gave Santa's boots a coat of Glossy Accents...oh, and his belt buckle too. He was, of course, coloured with Copic markers on Neenah Cardstock.


I will be entering this card in Cute Card Thursday this week, as they are asking for cards made for boys.

Gee, hopefully Cory does not find his way onto my blog and get a sneak peak at his card that will be arriving in the mail shortly!!

Hope you all have a great day.

Blessings!

Melanie

p.s. I apologize for all the spacing issues...sometimes Blogger does not publish posts the same as they appear when I type them! Honestly, I do use paragraphs! lol If any of you know how to fix this silly problem, I would LOVE to hear how!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I love the Ho Ho Ho in the little squares! There's so many possibilities with that. Your card is so pretty and your coloring is fabulous!

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous card Melanie ... your colouring is fabulous on your Santa
:o)

My Paper Passions said...

How cute...its perfect for a boy...and dont kid yourself...boys like a little sparkle too! hehe
Awesome job mel!!
P.S. dont worry about him on your blog...i think he may be too young yet for surfing plus he probably wouldnt be too into stamping even if he knew how!!
Amanda B