Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sweet 'N Sassy Digis

Good morning! I have some very happy news to share with you all today...I have been invited to be a guest designer for Sweet 'N Sassy Digi Stamps!! You can visit the blog here. Every Thursday, one to two new images are released for purchase on the Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps website, and a FREE digi will be available on the Digi blog!! There are some absolutely adorable digital images available...and at very affordable prices! As an added bonus, you can do your shopping right from your computer...in your jammies even...with no makeup!! lol That's my kind of shopping!! Seriously, if you have not tried using digital images you must give it a go. Most printer inks are Copic compatible, and for you watercolour artists, I'm told that you can heat set the images to prevent smearing. Remember, there is a free image up for grabs on Thursday...so you can try before buying! Sweet 'N Sassy also has a page with tutorials and helpful hints for using digis which can be found here. Sweet 'N Sassy's other guest designer for this month is none other than...Mary Giles! Check out her blog here. (She is one talented lady!)

This morning, I'm sharing my very first Sweet 'N Sassy Digi project...well actually there are two projects. This adorable little mouse is called Cocoa's Mittens. How cute is he?? One of the great features of digital images is their ability to be resized according to your project. I have used the same image, just printed off in different sizes for my projects today. There is a set of three sentiments that coordinates with this cute little mouse called Mitten Sentiments, and I have used two of them today.



(For a list of material, scroll to the bottom of my post to see the "recipe"!)

First up is a card. I printed all images off the computer onto Neenah cardstock, and coloured with my trusted Copic markers. For this card, I printed a few copies of the image in this size and popped up Cocoa's head and the top mitten for dimension. I just love that sentiment, part of the digi set "Mitten Sentiments".






Ready for your closeup, Cocoa?


I don't know about the rest of you...but I am ALWAYS cold! Looking at this cute little mouse with his mittens inspired me to make a gift holder to keep your hands toasty. I've never made one of these before...but it was quite easy! This time, I printed Cocoa off a little smaller. Just make sure to check off the option on your computer program to keep the image proportions the same before resizing. Inside this card, you will find some of those hand-warmers that you can keep inside your mittens. I love these things! (used them when i was on a float in our Santa Claus parade last year...they are great!) Again, I used one of the Mitten Sentiments.


Here is a shot of the inside showing the hand warmers:



So what are you waiting for? Hop on over to the Sweet 'N Sassy store to purchase some of your very own digi images. You can be colouring and creating in no time!
I just want to say a big THANK YOU to the owner of Sweet 'N Sassy, Korin Sutherland , and to the Digi DT Coordinator, Sandy Domelle, for the opportunity to work with such a talented group of ladies. I am very excited, and look forward to sharing these great digi stamps with you!
Blessings,
Melanie
Stamps: Sweet 'N Sassy Digi Stamps, Cocoa's Mittens and Mitten Sentiments
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah, Bazzill, Bazzill Bling and I THINK Karen Foster (but I threw out the name of the company before taking note! sorry)
Tools: Spellbinders Cirlces, Scalloped Circles and Fancy Tags, Martha Sterwart punch
Ink: Memento, Copic markers
Embellishments: Ribbon from Walmart

7 comments:

Phebe Meeder said...

Amazing Mel and what a cool idea w the hand warmers....your card is stunning

Sandy said...

This is such a great idea! I love the hand warmers on the inside of the card! Just too clever!!! His hairy little face is adorable. You did an awesome job!

Nancy said...

Absolutely Gorgeous card!
I love the colors you used.
What a great idea for the inside.

Leah said...

Such a fun set, I love the colors and your coloring is so great! I need to get me some of those hand warmers;)

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Great Cards Mel! You coloured him perfectly!

Lorie said...

This is SUH-WEET, Melanie! Your coloring is gorgeous! So vibrant and great depth!! It looks three dimensional, and I could stare at it forever!! Just beautiful!!!!

Big hugs,
Lorie

Leah l'Orange said...

Melanie, this is WONDERFUL! love the whole idea, and those colours are fantastic. i always put some of those handwarmers in my hubbin's stocking, so maybe this year i'll make a little pouch to hold them! :)