Friday, December 18, 2009

Humble Pie Tag or Bookmark Challenge

Oh, we are so close to Christmas! Why does December fly by so quickly?? Hope you all are ready. I know that the stores are NOT a place I want to be right now! Too hectic.

So, this will be our final challenge over at Humble Pie before Christmas. So make sure to join in...you could be our winner! How merry!

We are asking you to make a tag or a bookmark. I loved this challenge! It was a lot of fun to work on a smaller scale. I picked up some wooden tags at Michaels, and adhered the DP with Glossy Accents. I then sanded the edges, and got to work on the designs!
For my first tag, I wanted to go for a vintage feel. I stamped Maggie on Neenah and coloured her with Copics (as I did for the image on the next tag too). The DP with the ornaments is DCWV, but unfortunately I forgot to record the company of the green plaid DP. I really have to stop doing that!! I sanded these papers...A LOT! I then attached Maggie, and gave her a good sanding too. Now, this did stress me out a bit to scratch up an image I had just worked on for a while...but I HOPED the end result would be worth it! I really wanted this to appear old. After sanding, I applied Distress Ink in Antique Linen to the edges of the tag, and then all over the entire project. I just kept layering the ink until I was happy with it. Maggie is now quite muted, and hopefully looks as though she is from a very old children's storybook. I also applied Distress Ink to my ribbon to coordinate with the now antiqued papers. Finally, I added some rub-ons that say "Ho Ho Ho"...however, they are not showing up well in the photograph!
For my second tag, I wanted something brighter. I pulled out this cute Humble Pie snowman for this tag. The DP is DCWV, and the white cardstock is Bazzill. The "snow" layer was coated with Polar White Flower Soft. The sentiment is made from a rub-on alphabet from the dollar store. Oh, that ribbon is a dollar store find too! I finished it off with a few snowflakes punched from glittery cardstock.


Each of these tags only took me about fifteen to twenty minutes to assemble...not including colouring time! However, if you have a bunch of pre-coloured images, then this could be a great challenge to help use them up! Hop on over to the Humble Pie blog to play along. Remember, you do not have to use a Humble Pie image, but we do love to see them if you have them!!

Don't forget about Phebe's sale out at the Town Scrapper...buy one, get one of equal or lesser value for 50% off!! Hmmm....how I would love a Town Scrapper stocking! lol. Phebe carries terrific products, so make sure you give her a call, or send her an email!

Blessings,

Melanie

No comments: