Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ainsleigh Arabesque

(If you are looking for the Copic Coloring Guide 3 Blog Hop, just click HERE! Make sure you visit all the designers because everybody is giving away one copy of the new book!!)

Good morning and Happy Saturday to you all!! We've got another round of Kraftin' Kimmie October sneak peeks to share with you today in combination with our weekly challenge. The sneak peeks today feature six brand new Dashing Dancers by Annie Rodrigue...just wait until you see them, because they are FANTASTIC. :)

Our challenge this week is a Sketch designed by our lovely hostess, the very talented Pam.

My card today features a stamp very near and dear to my heart. This gorgeous young ballerina is Ainsleigh Arabesque. Now those of you who are frequent visitors to my blog might know that I have a twelve year old daughter Ainsleigh who has been taking ballet since four  years of age. Ballet is her passion. When Kimmie showed me this image and told me she was naming it after my own Ainsleigh, my entire family was so touched. I can't tell you how excited Ainsleigh is to have a stamp named after her, and especially once that is a ballerina. So a HUGE thank you to Kimmie for this sweet gesture!! The papers are from Authentique. The decorative trim was cut with an element from Spellbinders Parisian Accents. The flourishes are an MFT die and the flower is from Prima. I scored the pretty crochet trim at my local fabric store.




Ainsleigh Arabesque was stamped in Memento Ink and coloured with Copics. I really struggled trying to duplicate the "ballet pink" tights that most dancers wear...I didn't even come close, lol. They were originally way too pink, so I had to tone them down by going over them with my skin colours. I also add a coat of Stardust Stickles to the white part of the tutu.

Skin: E000, E00, E11, RV95  Hair: E31, E33, E37, E59  Blue and pink parts of Tutu: B32, B34, B37, B39, BV20, C7, C9, R81, R83, R89 White part of Tutu: C00, C1, C3, C7  Tights: R30, R32, RV95 E000, E00  Pointe Shoes: R81, R83, R85

Just wanted to share a picture of my Ainsleigh in arabesque. This was taken during dress rehearsal last June for the year end recital. I tried to find a picture similar to the stamp:



We'd love to have you play along with our Sketch Challenge. If you use a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp on your project, you could be the lucky winner of Holly Hip Hop, the stamp seen on Pam's gorgeous card this week. Check out what all the other Krafty Girls have created over at the KKS blog.

BLOG CANDY: Make sure to hop around and visit each of the Krafty Girls participating in today's sneak peeks and leave comments as you go because Kimmie will be choosing two lucky winners who will each receive three of the new Dancers by Annie!!

Hope you all have a fantastic Saturday! I'll be hanging out all day in London, Ontario for Krafty Day 2012 with Kimmie, her family, some fellow Krafty Girls, Annie Rodrigue and a bunch of KKS fans!! I know we are going to have a blast and I'm looking forward to seeing everybody who is able to attend!

Make sure to join us tomorrow for our release day blog hop!!Oh and P.S. There will be a SPECIAL stamp that you haven't seen yet, being released tomorrow as well, so be sure to check out tomorrow's Krafty Hop to see if you can find it!!!

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Blessings,

Melanie

19 comments:

Brigitte said...

WOW, she does look like your daughter!!!! Hugs, brigitte

Scrappy Canuck said...

The card is adoreable, and how amazing for your daughter to have a stamp named after her! So fun!!!

wendy said...

amazing...beautiful card and beautiful "real" ballerina !

Marilyn said...

This is pretty! I like how you've used the lace around the oval and you've coloured the image beautifully!

Cindi said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors. I love ballet so this is one of my favorites. Great picture too.

fredalexmom said...

Lovely stamp for a lovely card. My goddaughter is into ballet as well so this collection will sure be a must have.

Dawn Louise said...

that's absolutely fabulous picture of your daughter and to have a stamp named after her is heartwarming. your card is lovely too x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.


Hugs Riet.xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

love the dp and card design you used with her, so great

Mary-Anne V said...

Wonderful card..love the blue and white colours along with the sparkly tutu. Sweet picture of Ainsleigh..she looks so happy!

Tracey said...

Love this Melanie!! Stunning colouring as always!!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Melanie, I love your card, Ainsleigh in blue is fabulous. So touching to hear your story and I'm sure your daughter must be so touched. Gorgeous photo of your daughter too, so elegant.

Thanks for the blog hop and the opportunity to win some of the new release images.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

MagsB said...

How wonderful to have such a gorgeous image named after your daughter! Your colouring is great, and I just love the lace trim, so pretty!

love Mags B x

Scrappin Simply with Shannon said...

What a pretty card!

Shanna Shands said...

Pretty card. I love the difference of this. It does not seem like your normal style, but great!

Unknown said...

Hi Melanie, wow is that your daughter?! She looks stunning, and so talented! Got me totally distracted from your card LOL!! Love it a lot, really like the blue you used! Hugs Frea

Anonymous said...

Great card and your daughter is beautiful...wonderful pic. Jan D., Florida

Cazzy said...

Lovely photo and lovely stamp and card!

Cazzy x

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Gorgeous card, Melanie. Your Ainsleigh Arabesque is almost as beautiful as your own Ainsleigh. What a lovely tribute to her!! Love the lace trim on the card too.