Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Medallion

Hi there folks! Hope you all have been having a great week. :)

I've got a Halloween card to share with you today featuring the Ornate Hinge from Dies by SCACD. I created an intricate medallion by cutting out twelve hinges. I trimmed the panel off the bottom of the die (where there are three little holes for brads) and glued them in place behind a black cardstock circle. The papers are from last year, but you can check out Susana's entire stock of paper HERE where you will also find lots of holiday themed paper pads. The image is from a Teresa Collins stamp set that is no longer in stock, but Susana has some fantastic new Halloween stamp sets that have great images! For example there is the amazing Tim Holtz Mini Halloween #3, Trick or Treat, or MME Lost and Found Halloween ...so many fantastically creepy stamps perfect for your Halloween themed projects!! See the little bits of gold around the edges of the papers?? That is the fantastic Viva Decor 3D Stamp Paint in Gold. I just used my finger to pick up a bit of product, apply it to the paper edges and lightly blend it out. I followed that with some black ink to "grunge" everything up a bit.



The Ornate Hinge Die is so versatile! You can of course, use it as an actual hinge, lol. But it can also be used as a medallion as seen here, as a border, or in any other way you can come up with! I love stretching the possibilities of dies. They are some of my favourite crafting tools. :) You can find the entire stock of Dies by SCACD HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings,

Melanie

2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

This is probably the most gorgeous Halloween card I've ever seen! I LOVE the depth of color! Stunning, Melanie!!
hugs, Sharon

Kirsty said...

You know Melanie, everytime I look at your blog I end up buying something! You are one expensive habit! Beautiful card - as always.